Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

OMG...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

....or: my 1st trip to uldaman.

Yesterday, we managed accidently to get our 4-man-and-a-girl-
kickass-standard-party together. To keep you folks up to date:
- Me, 45 druid, restoration/feral
- Grishna, 42 shaman, healing
- Vopati, 45 shaman, offensive (i've no idea how this guy is
managing it, but he does sick amounts of damage)
- Nacht, 41 shaman, healing
- Blacktooth, 41 warrior, idontknow

We had some time, so we decided to have a 1st look at uldaman.
As only Grish and me had the flightpath to kargath, we needed
to go there by foot. That means: hammerfall, south to the
wetlands, south south south through enemy territory, badlands.
Did I mention the warrior had no mount?
Hrm... As we started sweating because of all that running, we
got rid of our clothes and made a nude run til uldaman (bliz,
I LOVE you for not allowing switching gear in battle, we had
some funny fights).

However: Kargath, Uldaman. Well, the 1st part of the instance
with all those green elites was a piece of cake. I already got
a bit sad because I thought we went there too late and missed
most of the fun. But as the level 44+ elites showed up, it
became challenging. Our 1st contact with one of these stone
guards (I'm not sure if that's the right name) ended up in
losing the warrior and one of the shamen, which told us that
the easy time was over now.
We run through the whole instance (everything that's doable
without some kind of keys or stuff). We killed the dwarfen boss
who was guarded by 2 40 elites (wasn't a big deal at all), we
managed to kill the four 46 elite stone guards who "unfreeze"
in that circular room after using the altar. And then we got
to the boss. I've never read every single member of a party
writing "OMG" within less than 5 seconds before.
I don't want to bore you folks with details about how bad this
guy raped us. I guess we where of too low level for this dude,
but I'm really wondering about how to take him down.
The first attempt was: full dps on the boss, ignore
everything around. We didn't kill him fast enough, so we got
zerged by the level 40-44 dwarfes he "unfreezes".
Second try was: I tank the big boy (in fact, I tanked his
shoes), everything else focuses on the adds.

We got wiped both times, the first time we took him down to
about 50% of health, the second time we killed about 10
dwarfes and I scratched maybe 10% of his health away.

I assume this boss keeps freeing those dwarfs until he's
dead, right? So the best strategy is to kill him ASAP.
Maybe it would be best to have 2 tanks, one tanking the
statue of liberty, the other one tanks the adds, everyone
else focuses on kicking some stone butt.

Any suggestions?

BTW: My ego suffered serious damage, anything from /hugs
to /applauds will be appreciated :-)

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

More about : omg

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> ...or: my 1st trip to uldaman.
>
> \snipe
>
> We had some time, so we decided to have a 1st look at uldaman.
> As only Grish and me had the flightpath to kargath, we needed
> to go there by foot. That means: hammerfall, south to the
> wetlands, south south south through enemy territory, badlands.
> Did I mention the warrior had no mount?

What's your point :-) I'm sure that warrior is decked out with 9 highly
twinked items on him. Nope, still can't see a value of having a mount,
plus it takes up a space in the bag.


> Hrm... As we started sweating because of all that running, we
> got rid of our clothes and made a nude run til uldaman (bliz,
> I LOVE you for not allowing switching gear in battle, we had
> some funny fights).
>

Well, if the warrior didn't run in nude, then his twinked out equipment
should have helped.

>/snipe

>
> I assume this boss keeps freeing those dwarfs until he's
> dead, right? So the best strategy is to kill him ASAP.
> Maybe it would be best to have 2 tanks, one tanking the
> statue of liberty, the other one tanks the adds, everyone
> else focuses on kicking some stone butt.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

pile every buff measure you know on areorth on the warrior (if he
demonstrated his competence by using defensive stance in the instance
prior to meeting the big boss, otherwise, just hearthed out when you
reached the big boss). Have the warrior get in the defensive stance
(wait, we fighting the big boss, I mean, switch to battle or berserker
stance) and give him the job of hold the aggro of everyone, I mean
everyone.


1) do the usual freeze minions and concentrated on the big guy. Once
the big guy unfreeze them, that's when the warrior start earn his
pay...

Warrior (hopefully have sufficient rage by then):

2) frighten shout (not sure the exact name, but the shout that fear
everyone but warrior's target: big boss for like 5 seconds which buy
you more time to all wail on the big guy, and when those mobs return,
they all focused on the warrior)

3) when the warrior begin to get the gang-bang, kick in his
Counterattack skill - free strike against every attack made against him
- since he's holding everyone's aggro, he get maximum use out of this
kick-ass skill. I think it last 10 - 15 seconds

4) cleave (does damage to the main target + 3 others, since mobs are
focused on the warrior after the shout, this cleave continue to hold
their fascination on the warrior)

5) repeat step 4, if possible, sneak in Overpower on the big guy just
for spite

oh and have someone dedicated on healing warrior which normally would
only stop at step 4, once, if no one heal him.



> BTW: My ego suffered serious damage, anything from /hugs
> to /applauds will be appreciated :-)
>

would you settle for /spit, no, okay, /grouphug :-)

But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

there was a gem post way back before you joined, sonny, of Horde
mentality on instances

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/...

or do a group search "Wussy Guild" if the above link don't work.

Night Elf wrote:
> > But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
> > instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
> > pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.
> >
>
>
> WTF does this mean ???
Related resources
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What would scare you more than 5 nude 40+ in a level 20-30 enemy
> territory? Right, 5 nude 40+ in a level 20-30 enemy territory riding
> big kodos and raptors.
> And please: 60% more speed makes a huge difference when running through
> half of the eastern continent.
>

I know, I know, it was a jest that got lost in translation. I was
comment on the comment I get about the mount post from last week.

Does the blind effect automatically kick in when you ride in nude?


>
> > 1) do the usual freeze minions and concentrated on the big guy. Once
> > the big guy unfreeze them, that's when the warrior start earn his
> > pay...
>
> We didn't have any kind of CC i'm afraid :-(
>

Didn't you mention in your post that on your first tactic: you were
able to freeze the big guy's minon and wailed on him before he
"unfreezed" them? Umm, after rereading it, you just said "he unfreezed
them" so naturally I though you freezed them in the first place. Me
bad.

Nonetheless, your group still have couple seconds to focus on him
before he unfreezed his minions. So the above statement still applies.


>
> > oh and have someone dedicated on healing warrior which normally would
> > only stop at step 4, once, if no one heal him.
>
> Ow, my job :o )
>

Plus all those healing totems shaman lays down. Again, I may talk out
of my butt since I don't know shaman that well (my highest is 20th lvl
and got her first water totem, woot; and those stupid water swamp
things in the Avenshale, why don't they have elf chick dancing at that
lake, that's equally hazardous)

>
> > But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
> > instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
> > pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.
>
> OK, THAT'S IT! I guess I have about 1h to play this evening, because
> I have to do some guitar practice with my band, but I'm gonna create a
> new priest this evening and solo this sissy with my eyes covered and
> my hands tied, after drinking 3l of beer and while watching the
> weather forecast in TV!
>

\cheer "Zug! Zug!"
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

collection2002 wrote:
>
> 3) when the warrior begin to get the gang-bang, kick in his
> Counterattack skill - free strike against every attack made against him
> - since he's holding everyone's aggro, he get maximum use out of this
> kick-ass skill. I think it last 10 - 15 seconds
>

He deserved 2 uncontested drops if he can RP like Coporate Hick in
Aliens while doing the counterattacking :-)

/yell You want some of this! Oh, you too! What about you! Yeah, F*&K
you too!
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
>
> Chris... my favourite quote from aliens: "vasquez, have you ever been
> mistaken for a man?" "no, have you?"
>

lol - I have to check if Vasquez is taken in my server, otherwise, I'm
going to create female orc warrior by that name and macro that witty
riposte, woot!!!

Back to the subject, I think there are actually 3 ways for warriors to
grab the whole mobs plus one

1) freighten shout (which I have mentioned in early post)
2) challenge shout which turns everyone against the warrior ASAP (this
was discussed in another post with you about druid & warrior & some
other class)
3) cleave

all but cleave have long cool down time that make them usable once per
combat, at least cleave can be used everytime for 20 rage points.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer a écrit :
> ...or: my 1st trip to uldaman.

> I don't want to bore you folks with details about how bad this
> guy raped us. I guess we where of too low level for this dude,
> but I'm really wondering about how to take him down.
> The first attempt was: full dps on the boss, ignore
> everything around. We didn't kill him fast enough, so we got
> zerged by the level 40-44 dwarfes he "unfreezes".
> Second try was: I tank the big boy (in fact, I tanked his
> shoes), everything else focuses on the adds.
>
> We got wiped both times, the first time we took him down to
> about 50% of health, the second time we killed about 10
> dwarfes and I scratched maybe 10% of his health away.
>
> I assume this boss keeps freeing those dwarfs until he's
> dead, right? So the best strategy is to kill him ASAP.
> Maybe it would be best to have 2 tanks, one tanking the
> statue of liberty, the other one tanks the adds, everyone
> else focuses on kicking some stone butt.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

We got him on the third try.

Attempt 1)
Team: 2 shamans (45, 45), 2 hunters (45, 41), 1 priest (38).
Strategy: 3 people on the boss, 1 shaman on the adds, priest heals.
Outcome: boss down to 50%, wipe.
Reason: healer in knockdown range. Much damage on boss, add-guy had to
deal with multiple elites.

Attempt 2)
Team: same as before
Strategy: Everyone on everybody. Kill everything on sight. Chaos.
Destroy. Frenzy.
Outcome: boss down to 10%, wipe.
Reason: healer in knockdown range, AOE shaman got killed, healer
aggroed the last wave of elite adds.

Attempt 3)
Team: Warrior 45, priest 49, priest 50, mage 44, shaman 44 (I think)
Strategy: Warrior on the boss, everyone else on the adds.
Outcome: easy, boring victory.
Reason: overpowered group, healer out of knockdown range, adds awoken
one at a time because of very slow damage dealt to boss. Cookie-cutter
strategy.

My guess is, have the healer out of Knockdown range, and you'll be
fine, whatever your strategy. That means, healer must have his back on
the door.

/hug
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
>
> Well, my actual question was in fact "how should we split the group to
> handle the minions and the big dude", which you already answered.
>
> If I got it right, the idea is:
> - Full dps on boss
> - Use AoE CC as much as possible (like the so called "frightning shout")
> - Have the warrior tank both the boss and all the minions
> - Hope the boss falls before the tank does
>

um, how many mobs are there? I think warrior can handle 4 + 1 with my
suggestions, any more than that, maybe the healer should stayed at the
door like Babe suggested?
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer a écrit :
> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Attempt 3)
> > Team: Warrior 45, priest 49, priest 50, mage 44, shaman 44 (I think)
> > Strategy: Warrior on the boss, everyone else on the adds.
> > Outcome: easy, boring victory.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Sounds exactly like what I wanted to achieve. Tell me more :o )

I was the healer there, and from the look of it, it was more like a
good corpse camping session. The big boss rezzed mobs one at a time,
and as soon as they came alive they were quickly brought down. It was
like, 20s camping, 5s killing, 20s camping, etc.

Healing the tank and the others in that kind of fight was easy. I ended
the fight with 50% mana left.

>
> > Reason: overpowered group
>
> Ok, that's a hard to come by requirement.
>
> > healer out of knockdown range
>
> Thanks, should be doable.

I think it's the critical part. basically every 10 seconds or so
everyone around gets knocked down for 2 seconds, interrupting the spell
being cast. That amounts to up to 10second casting time for bigger
heals (9 for druids) in the worst case.

>
> > adds awoken one at a time because of very slow damage dealt to
> > boss.
>
> Is the time he waits between awaking the adds depending on the
> damage he takes? That would be interesting news.

I think he wakes every mob before going down, whatever the time it
takes. Take it slow on him and you'll have plenty of time and mana to
kill every add as soon as they come to life.

In the end he raises 4 of those elite level 44 golems. Better not have
him raise all of them at once :) 

>
> > Cookie-cutter strategy.
>
> I like cookies.

*munch*

>
> > My guess is, have the healer out of Knockdown range, and you'll be
> > fine, whatever your strategy. That means, healer must have his back on
> > the door.
>
> Hrm.. I doubt that :o ) Our healer (2 of the shamen) didn't get any
> attention, the warrior and myself had all mobs on ourselfs. But in the
> 1st try, the awakened dwarfs just zerged us down (10 mobs of your level
> hitting you do more damage than 2 shamen can heal). In the second try...
> they stopped healing me after a while (I guess due to lags) and I died,
> but judging the little health I drained from the boss, this battle would
> have lasted longer than we could've survived.

With that kind of situation, could you try to switch position with a
shaman in mid-fight? Even if it takes some time, morph out of bear to
cat, cower away, have a good rockbiter/earth shock take control of the
boss, run out of range and become the healer. Eventually you can
attempt to innervate one of the healing shaman, before going back and
growling/bashing the attention of the boss back to you. But I've
nothing to teach you about playing hybrid in a hybrid group, more the
contrary :) 
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:02:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > um, how many mobs are there? I think warrior can handle 4 + 1 with my
> > suggestions, any more than that, maybe the healer should stayed at the
> > door like Babe suggested?
>
> Dude, no offense, but: Do you have an idea what boss I'm talking about?
> Ok, there's this big, erm sorry: BIIIIIIIIIG stone dude in uldaman.
> When I have a look at his minions, I'd guess he has a "real" level of
> something between 43 and 47. And he IS a boss, not only a whimpy elite.
>

Ummm, no, I have no ideas. I just finished cutting my teeth with Haldor
and his followers at SM. (j/k and I though those unfreezed dwarves were
like those Haldor's followers and wondered why you have so hard of a
time take them down :-) Currently, my warrior is 41st lvl, just a 1
second speed bump for your big boss.


>
> To make this guy awake, we had to "use" an altar in this chamber.
> Once he awakes, he starts to wake up his frozen minions, one by one.
> As I said for the 1st try, we ended up having about 10 minions on us
> because we ignored them and tried to do full damage on the boss.
>

Is it a timed unfreezed, I mean, did the big guy unfreeze his minion 1
at a time @ 10 sec interval? Well, my proposed strategy would last you
about 40 - 50 sec then.


> My problem is now:
> a) I want to take him down ASAP, because he won't run out of minions
> to wake up, there is a shitload of them standing around.
> b) I need some kind of CC to keep the minions from zerging us to
> death.
>

Guess, babe's idea is much more sounded than mine.


> I'll upload some screenies when I got home :-)
>

woot, you ain't kidding! Forget everything I said. It's been nice
knowing ya.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:42:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> ...or: my 1st trip to uldaman.

[big snip]

> Any suggestions?

Sorry, haven't been there, but sounds like a fun place :-)

> BTW: My ego suffered serious damage, anything from /hugs
> to /applauds will be appreciated :-)

I guess /golfclap won't do? ;-P

hearty /hug

> Chris

Give my regards to Grish!
--
Erich
Kroagg - L30 Orc Warrior - Sunstrider
Rattlehead - L13 Undead Priest - Sunstrider
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:37:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

> But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
> instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
> pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.
>


WTF does this mean ???
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:43:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Erich" <kroagg@sunstrider.europe> wrote:

> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> ...or: my 1st trip to uldaman.
>
> [big snip]
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Sorry, haven't been there, but sounds like a fun place :-)

In a "hey folks, we gonna die now" sense, it was huge fun :o )

>> BTW: My ego suffered serious damage, anything from /hugs
>> to /applauds will be appreciated :-)
>
> I guess /golfclap won't do? ;-P

*WWWUARRRRGGH*

> hearty /hug

Thanks, I feel better now.

>> Chris
>
> Give my regards to Grish!

I will!

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:55:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

> Christian Stauffer wrote:

>> Did I mention the warrior had no mount?
>
> What's your point :-)

What would scare you more than 5 nude 40+ in a level 20-30 enemy
territory? Right, 5 nude 40+ in a level 20-30 enemy territory riding
big kodos and raptors.
And please: 60% more speed makes a huge difference when running through
half of the eastern continent.

> pile every buff measure you know on areorth on the warrior (if he
> demonstrated his competence by using defensive stance in the instance
> prior to meeting the big boss, otherwise, just hearthed out when you
> reached the big boss). Have the warrior get in the defensive stance
> (wait, we fighting the big boss, I mean, switch to battle or berserker
> stance) and give him the job of hold the aggro of everyone, I mean
> everyone.

Ok.

> 1) do the usual freeze minions and concentrated on the big guy. Once
> the big guy unfreeze them, that's when the warrior start earn his
> pay...

We didn't have any kind of CC i'm afraid :-(

> Warrior (hopefully have sufficient rage by then):
>
> 2) frighten shout (not sure the exact name, but the shout that fear
> everyone but warrior's target: big boss for like 5 seconds which buy
> you more time to all wail on the big guy, and when those mobs return,
> they all focused on the warrior)

Hrm, didn't think about that one. Sounds like a very good advice.

> 3) when the warrior begin to get the gang-bang, kick in his
> Counterattack skill - free strike against every attack made against him
> - since he's holding everyone's aggro, he get maximum use out of this
> kick-ass skill. I think it last 10 - 15 seconds

Ok.

> 4) cleave (does damage to the main target + 3 others, since mobs are
> focused on the warrior after the shout, this cleave continue to hold
> their fascination on the warrior)
>
> 5) repeat step 4, if possible, sneak in Overpower on the big guy just
> for spite

Ok.

> oh and have someone dedicated on healing warrior which normally would
> only stop at step 4, once, if no one heal him.

Ow, my job :o )

>> BTW: My ego suffered serious damage, anything from /hugs
>> to /applauds will be appreciated :-)
>
> would you settle for /spit, no, okay, /grouphug :-)

/Cuddle

> But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
> instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
> pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.

OK, THAT'S IT! I guess I have about 1h to play this evening, because
I have to do some guitar practice with my band, but I'm gonna create a
new priest this evening and solo this sissy with my eyes covered and
my hands tied, after drinking 3l of beer and while watching the
weather forecast in TV!

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:56:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> But seriously, you're a horde, 2 is the maximum number to do this
>> instance, any more, they just cramp your style. Now alliance, they're
>> pantsy and usually need maximum number 5 to get anything done.
>
> WTF does this mean ???

(Addition to collection's post: They even need help for reading simple
sentences.)

Chris.... just kidding :o )

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 7:40:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

> He deserved 2 uncontested drops if he can RP like Coporate Hick in
> Aliens while doing the counterattacking :-)
>
> /yell You want some of this! Oh, you too! What about you! Yeah, F*&K
> you too!

Yeah, let's do a WoW/movie battle!
To continue the aliens stuff, I always think when using my healer
gear: "How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?"

Yesterday while in UC I saw the ceiling (in the room before the throne
room) was missing (which I never realized before, so I though it was
new, and I couldn't help to think "omg, they changed something in the
matrix!".

Chris... my favourite quote from aliens: "vasquez, have you ever been
mistaken for a man?" "no, have you?"

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:15:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

> lol - I have to check if Vasquez is taken in my server, otherwise, I'm
> going to create female orc warrior by that name and macro that witty
> riposte, woot!!!

Hehe. If there was a "bard" class in WoW, I'd have created an undead one
and called "Elvis" :-)

> Back to the subject, I think there are actually 3 ways for warriors to
> grab the whole mobs plus one
>
> 1) freighten shout (which I have mentioned in early post)
> 2) challenge shout which turns everyone against the warrior ASAP (this
> was discussed in another post with you about druid & warrior & some
> other class)
> 3) cleave
>
> all but cleave have long cool down time that make them usable once per
> combat, at least cleave can be used everytime for 20 rage points.

Well, my actual question was in fact "how should we split the group to
handle the minions and the big dude", which you already answered.

If I got it right, the idea is:
- Full dps on boss
- Use AoE CC as much as possible (like the so called "frightning shout")
- Have the warrior tank both the boss and all the minions
- Hope the boss falls before the tank does

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:15:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:15:49 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>Well, my actual question was in fact "how should we split the group to
>handle the minions and the big dude", which you already answered.
>
>If I got it right, the idea is:
>- Full dps on boss
>- Use AoE CC as much as possible (like the so called "frightning shout")
>- Have the warrior tank both the boss and all the minions
>- Hope the boss falls before the tank does

I don't think that will work. You're warrior (at 41) is gonna have
trouble tanking the boss even by himself.

I'd put the druid on the boss, let a shaman heal him and have the rest
of the concentrate on the adds. If you try to take out the boss with
the adds alive, you'll get swamped. ... or at least we did when we
tried <g>.

Rgds, Frank
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:33:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Attempt 3)
> Team: Warrior 45, priest 49, priest 50, mage 44, shaman 44 (I think)
> Strategy: Warrior on the boss, everyone else on the adds.
> Outcome: easy, boring victory.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds exactly like what I wanted to achieve. Tell me more :o )

> Reason: overpowered group

Ok, that's a hard to come by requirement.

> healer out of knockdown range

Thanks, should be doable.

> adds awoken one at a time because of very slow damage dealt to
> boss.

Is the time he waits between awaking the adds depending on the
damage he takes? That would be interesting news.

> Cookie-cutter strategy.

I like cookies.

> My guess is, have the healer out of Knockdown range, and you'll be
> fine, whatever your strategy. That means, healer must have his back on
> the door.

Hrm.. I doubt that :o ) Our healer (2 of the shamen) didn't get any
attention, the warrior and myself had all mobs on ourselfs. But in the
1st try, the awakened dwarfs just zerged us down (10 mobs of your level
hitting you do more damage than 2 shamen can heal). In the second try...
they stopped healing me after a while (I guess due to lags) and I died,
but judging the little health I drained from the boss, this battle would
have lasted longer than we could've survived.

> /hug

/bow

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:52:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

> um, how many mobs are there? I think warrior can handle 4 + 1 with my
> suggestions, any more than that, maybe the healer should stayed at the
> door like Babe suggested?

Dude, no offense, but: Do you have an idea what boss I'm talking about?
Ok, there's this big, erm sorry: BIIIIIIIIIG stone dude in uldaman.
When I have a look at his minions, I'd guess he has a "real" level of
something between 43 and 47. And he IS a boss, not only a whimpy elite.

This boss is hangig out in a circular chamber. When we enter this
chamber, he is frozen, that means.... have you ever seen a movie or a
cartoon where someone became turned to stone? He looks exactly like
this.
He is surrounded by approximately 50-100 dwarfs, who all look like
him. And there are a couple of these stone guard dudes, same here.

To make this guy awake, we had to "use" an altar in this chamber.
Once he awakes, he starts to wake up his frozen minions, one by one.
As I said for the 1st try, we ended up having about 10 minions on us
because we ignored them and tried to do full damage on the boss.

My problem is now:
a) I want to take him down ASAP, because he won't run out of minions
to wake up, there is a shitload of them standing around.
b) I need some kind of CC to keep the minions from zerging us to
death.

I'll upload some screenies when I got home :-)

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 9:30:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:

> Dude, no offense, but: Do you have an idea what boss I'm talking about?
> Ok, there's this big, erm sorry: BIIIIIIIIIG stone dude in uldaman.
> When I have a look at his minions, I'd guess he has a "real" level of
> something between 43 and 47. And he IS a boss, not only a whimpy elite.

....

> I'll upload some screenies when I got home :-)

Ok, as I promised:

Naked in the wetlands:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman1.jpg

The moment we realized these guys kick ass:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman2.jpg

The 1st boss, who has been quite easy:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman3.jpg

The room above the final boss with the 4 keepers.

Before:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman4.jpg

And after we met them:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman5.jpg

The first "OMG we gonna die badly" moment:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman6.jpg

The second "OMG we gonna die badly" moment:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman7.jpg

1st try:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman8.jpg

2nd try:
http://www.wildcard7.com/_temp/uldaman9.jpg
(I was yelling for strategic help from my guildies,
but noone answered :-)

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (44) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:29:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:41:27 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

>...or: my 1st trip to uldaman.
[snip]
> And then we got
>to the boss. I've never read every single member of a party
>writing "OMG" within less than 5 seconds before.
>I don't want to bore you folks with details about how bad this
>guy raped us. I guess we where of too low level for this dude,
>but I'm really wondering about how to take him down.
>The first attempt was: full dps on the boss, ignore
>everything around. We didn't kill him fast enough, so we got
>zerged by the level 40-44 dwarfes he "unfreezes".
>Second try was: I tank the big boy (in fact, I tanked his
>shoes), everything else focuses on the adds.
>
>We got wiped both times, the first time we took him down to
>about 50% of health, the second time we killed about 10
>dwarfes and I scratched maybe 10% of his health away.
>
>I assume this boss keeps freeing those dwarfs until he's
>dead, right? So the best strategy is to kill him ASAP.
>Maybe it would be best to have 2 tanks, one tanking the
>statue of liberty, the other one tanks the adds, everyone
>else focuses on kicking some stone butt.

The best strategy is to put a dedicated tank and healer on the boss, while
everyone else bonks the gimps he unfreezes as they unfreeze. There is a
pretty substantial lag-time between when he shoots out the lightning and
when the stuff actually unfreezes, so you have time to get into position.
Most of the unfreezies are non-elite, and should die pretty quickly.
Whenever there are no gimps to slay, then people concentrate on the boss to
take him down sooner. People with DoT attacks (mostly warlocks and hunters)
should refresh them on the boss all the time even when fighting the gimps
just to keep that HP bar ticking down.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:33:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On 25 May 2005 06:10:24 -0700, "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> scribed
into the ether:

>
>
>Christian Stauffer wrote:
>> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We didn't have any kind of CC i'm afraid :-(
>>
>
>Didn't you mention in your post that on your first tactic: you were
>able to freeze the big guy's minon and wailed on him before he
>"unfreezed" them? Umm, after rereading it, you just said "he unfreezed
>them" so naturally I though you freezed them in the first place. Me
>bad.

Err...usually best to comment on an encounter if you know what is going on,
yes?

The big bad is surrounded by about 40 little statues. Every 15 seconds (or
whatever, it's been a while since I've done this fight), the big bad will
turn a couple of those statues into real boys who attack the party. The
whole trick to the encounter is surviving the big bad while dealing with
the constant reinforcements.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:59:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

collection2002 <linch9@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:

Yeah! Corporal "Game-Over" Hicks

That person get to utter all the best lines in Aliens


Doc wrote:
> collection2002 <linch9@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a
> short while before writing:
> >
> > He deserved 2 uncontested drops if he can RP like Coporate Hick in
> > Aliens while doing the counterattacking :-)
>
> Took me a minute to figure this one out, do you mean Corporal (Dwayne)
> Hicks in the movie 'Aliens'?
>
> --
> Doc
> Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:09:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Matt Frisch wrote:
>
> Err...usually best to comment on an encounter if you know what is going on,
> yes?
>

Not really. Because I learn a lot from you guys on what or what
shouldn't I do. I told Christian the strategy I would have applied when
I'm doing that instance. And obviously, it didn't help Christian and
ergo, it will not help me. This is just like (RP) sitting in the inn
and listen to one guy's story, piped in, and learned everything I can
before going to fight that mythical monster.

So when I'm ready for the instance, I will tell the healer to stand by
the doorway, and I will tank the big guy myself. When he's down to 50%,
tell everyone to unload on it.

The "we die so many times while doing this instance" is a good
conversation topic but not a good experience to go through.
May 26, 2005 12:06:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

collection2002 <linch9@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a
short while before writing:
>
> He deserved 2 uncontested drops if he can RP like Coporate Hick in
> Aliens while doing the counterattacking :-)

Took me a minute to figure this one out, do you mean Corporal (Dwayne)
Hicks in the movie 'Aliens'?

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:58:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Christian Stauffer wrote:
>
> Chris.... let's go there again once our warrior hits 45 :) 
>

better hand him a check list of

.... Got Mount
.... Got that Armor Repair
.... Got all Weapons Repair
.... Know Defensive Stance
........Not Afraid to Use it
.... Know how to draw aggro
.... wiling to be Hudson to your Vasquez
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:12:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guess, babe's idea is much more sounded than mine.

Indeed :) 

>> I'll upload some screenies when I got home :-)
>
> woot, you ain't kidding! Forget everything I said. It's been nice
> knowing ya.

That matches exactly what I thought when I first saw this guy.
A boss (the ?? level is just scaring, even though I know it's not
really ?? to me) who hurts for hundreds of damage and doesn't take
any, lot's of adds, and 4 elite stone keepers standing around and
waiting to be awakened.

Chris.... let's go there again once our warrior hits 45 :) 

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:15:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

yup, I was thinking exactly the same thing. And wonder who would be the
first to point that out :-)
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:18:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Babe Bridou wrote:
>
> http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10006/hija...
>
> Is that what you're looking for?

Cool DeNiro, before he created that circle of trust thingy :-)

Ahem, why are you on the newsgroup and not on WoW playing Esa?

Time is money, friend...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:48:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117123569.793751.66060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> lol - I give up. Its Hudson I'm thinking about while typing Hicks.
> Because Hudson is much more macho name then Hicks so I attributed
> Paxton to Hicks and Bien to Hudson when it should be otherway around.
> Maybe that's why it is even more memorial :-)

Yeah, but Hicks got to say a good bad-ass line, too, in a
quiet, Gritty-Hardass-Eastwood mumble:

"Nuke 'em from orbit...the only way to be sure."
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:50:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117145722.828154.55240@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> yup, I was thinking exactly the same thing. And wonder who would be the
> first to point that out :-)

I'm Hudson, sir...he's Hicks.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:52:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

On 26 May 2005 09:06:09 -0700, "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> scribed
into the ether:

>lol - I give up. Its Hudson I'm thinking about while typing Hicks.
>Because Hudson is much more macho name then Hicks so I attributed
>Paxton to Hicks and Bien to Hudson when it should be otherway around.
>Maybe that's why it is even more memorial :-)

Well, clearly you've made yourself Gorman, since he couldn't tell the
difference between Hicks and Hudson either.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:37:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

collection2002 wrote:

> Babe Bridou wrote:
>
>>http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10006/hija...
>>
>>Is that what you're looking for?
>
>
> Cool DeNiro, before he created that circle of trust thingy :-)
>
> Ahem, why are you on the newsgroup and not on WoW playing Esa?
>
> Time is money, friend...
>

Tonight I was too busy to play wow. So a quick post here was more than
enough for me :) 

....been busy drinking beer and burnin neurons on some heterodoxical
concepts of cancerology as an illustration to an upcoming breakthrough
in the sociological relationship networks research, roughly consisting
in adapting models to include endogeneous graphs in their structure
instead of keeping them as exogeneous parameters ex-post...

....and drinking more beer!
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:59:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Mark Rimer" <gone@not.there> wrote:

> Yeah, but Hicks got to say a good bad-ass line, too, in a
> quiet, Gritty-Hardass-Eastwood mumble:
>
> "Nuke 'em from orbit...the only way to be sure."

"But he's just a grunt!"

Chris... damn, I'm not even a grunt, only a scout

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:00:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Babe Bridou wrote:
> Tonight I was too busy to play wow. So a quick post here was more than
> enough for me :) 
>
> ...been busy drinking beer and burnin neurons on some heterodoxical
> concepts of cancerology as an illustration to an upcoming breakthrough
> in the sociological relationship networks research, roughly consisting
> in adapting models to include endogeneous graphs in their structure
> instead of keeping them as exogeneous parameters ex-post...
>
> ...and drinking more beer!

Hehe, that sounds as if it was algorithmically generated. Been too
often at http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/ lately, eh?
--
Erich
Kroagg - L30 Orc Warrior - Sunstrider
Rattlehead - L13 Undead Priest - Sunstrider
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:29:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Mark Rimer" <gone@not.there> wrote in message
news:uatle.23638$8S5.14643@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1117123569.793751.66060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> lol - I give up. Its Hudson I'm thinking about while typing Hicks.
>> Because Hudson is much more macho name then Hicks so I attributed
>> Paxton to Hicks and Bien to Hudson when it should be otherway around.
>> Maybe that's why it is even more memorial :-)
>
> Yeah, but Hicks got to say a good bad-ass line, too, in a
> quiet, Gritty-Hardass-Eastwood mumble:
>
> "Nuke 'em from orbit...the only way to be sure."

Nah he doesn't. He's quoting Ripley and it makes him look like he's
desperate to get into her combats.
!