ATI CCC unresponsive, deleted all ATI for reinstallation, now stuck.

dvdmatsunaga

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hey guys sorry for the long post, but this is kind of a complicated scenario, at least for me. Also I apologize in advance for any ignorant/misguided statements, I know very little about this sort of thing. TLDR section at the bottom.

Alright so this all started when I noticed that my graphics options on Skyrim was using the Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics card, resulting in unusually low framerates on a computer which should run Skyrim fine (HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook). Under my Display adapters section it says Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics along with Radeon (TM) HD 6770M right under it, so I looked it up and found out that I needed to either change some settings in the ATI CCC or right click desktop and click on the Switchable Graphics selection. Neither were responding when I clicked on them. I looked up some more info and found out that there's a rather common problem with ATI CCC not responding, which called for (may be a little spotty on this) deleting it, rebooting in safe mode, going into the window/assembly section and deleting a couple of ATI assemblies which start with 90ba (which I did not find) along with all ATI files, rebooting, then updating the drivers and reinstalling ATI CCC. Needless to say, I deleted everything I thought I was supposed to and now I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. The AMD Driver Autodetect says that for the hardware detected (Radeon HD 6xxxM Series), the AMD Catalyst Mobility driver is the correct/updated driver, yet when I attempt to download it I receive a message saying: AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer, the version of your graphics adapter is not supported, please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update. Now there's not even a "switchable graphics" option when I right click. It may be something simple or I might be completely screwed, I have no idea either way. I've been all over the AMD website and all over this one and I truly have no idea how to proceed. Any help at all would be extremely appreciated, thanks in advance.

TLDR: - 2 Graphics Cards, Mobile Intel/Radeon HD 6770M
- Game was set to Mobile Intel, attempted to dedicate it to the Radeon card through ATI CCC
- CCC wouldn't work, went through long process of fixing it by first deleting all of ATI data, then reinstalling.
- Now can't download any drivers or CCC for the Radeon card, completely stuck without a way to manage graphics.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

I'm having the same exact problem right now! Did you ever find a solution?