CDRW not recognized

G

I recently tried to change the IDE assignment of my Yamaha CDRW by connecting it to the second channel on my Maxtor PCI IDE controller card (the drive had previuosly been a slave with my primary hard drive as master on the MOBO primary IDE channel)...When I switched the drive back to its original position (slave with primary hard drive as master) the drive was no longer recognized in the BIOS as it had been before...I made no changes to the jumper configuration whatsoever, just merely plugged and unplugged the IDE cable...Can anybody suggest what the problem might be and how to get my CDRW back?

Any help would be appreciated!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by apiro on 07/26/01 07:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I tried to install it on the PCI IDE controller card instead of its original position on the MOBO IDE connector...When I switched it back to the same position with no change in any settings, the drive was not recognized in the BIOS

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
I think he was asking: why did you change it in the first place.

If the BIOS can't see it, then it must be a loose cable or power connector (assuming you haven't changed position or jumpers).

:smile: <font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!<font color=green> :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make sure the ribbon cable faces the right direction. And if you changed the jumper on the back of the drive from slave to master, change it back. And make sure the power is plugged in.

Video killed my Radio Card!