ninjatron

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hello, I just finished building my PC and I am hoping to get some good info about system tuning, I basically want to know how could I get the top performance from the new technologies. I know I am going to use VirtuMVP, but that's about it, so here is the system, any advice is appreciated:

MB: AsRock Z77 Pro3
CPU: i5 3570K
VGA: Sapphire Radeon 6850
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 700W
RAM: G-Skill Sniper Low Voltage 4GBx2
SSD: Kingston V+200 120GB
HD: 7200 RPM 500GB

The system has only one case fan at the moment.

So how can I get the best performance this system can offer without OC?

Thanks.

i see some problems

1: the modxstream is pretty much a low end power supply at today's standards. you should have picked up a xfx 750 or 650w
2; there was no point of getting low voltage memory. 1.5v is good enough
3:the ssd isnt all that great either. you should have picked yourself up a crucial m4 128gb
4: for the video card, i would have gotten the 7850 since it does so much better. with the 6850, the highest settings you are going to get is high
5: for the motherboard, i would have gotten a z77-le motherboard from asus. asrock from what i heard cheaped out on their capacitators

if you previously bought some components for a low price, i can see how you tried to build a system around it but if you started off from scratch, you could have done way better

ninjatron

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011

More recommendations similar to this? There is no use in saying that it would be better if I'd buy more expensive hardware, everyone knows that. I would like to know how can I get most of my current system.