Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer seems to crash when overloaded, why!?!? PLEASE HELP...

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
July 7, 2012 6:07:04 AM

My computer crashes when I'm in a game, lets say League of Legends or Unreal Tournament 2004. My trash computer keeps freezing then shutting off/rebooting on me. All I have running is Windows Media Player along with the game nearly all the time if I plan to game.

Windows XP 32-bit
Pentium 4 3.2GHz (Only has 1 core, OC'd to 3.5GHz)
2GB RAM (OC'd to 438MHz, from 400MHz)
Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
GeForce 7600GT (512MB, AGP 8x)

Why? This happens on average about twice, maybe once a day if I plan to game. It is worth pointing out that it has crashed three times in one day while trying to game... Why? I have a feeling something is going wrong when my system is stressed hard. Please advise, thank you.

More about : computer crash overloaded

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
July 7, 2012 6:24:28 AM

why is media player on as well?

Most problems like this are caused by over heating . Either the cpu or graphics card .
Have you cleaned the interior of the case recently? Checked the heat sinks are firmly attached ?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 7, 2012 11:31:12 AM

put the Ram and CPU back to stock frequency and post back if the problem continues. Silicon breaks down after a while and OC'ing/heat speeds up this process. your rig has seen a few years...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
July 7, 2012 9:57:54 PM

I Think its time you save some money and buy a new PC, your components are too old and it seems its a overheating issue, what PSU do you have?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 7, 2012 10:52:38 PM

^he is right you should get an upgrade but i also recommend to do what we said if you can't get one in a short time.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 12:16:24 AM

Well... if the problem occurs when you are heavily stressing your system its because either your CPU or GPU are overheating or your PSU is failing and it cant provide enough wattage to keep your system running
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 12:23:09 AM

what is your psu?
m
0
l
July 8, 2012 2:23:03 AM

PSU - Ultra LSP 750W...

I really do understand that my system is outdated pretty badly. I've been searching for a decent used system so I can hold over until IB-E or Haswell/Broadwell comes out, but in the end I've basically had no avail. For now, I'm content with what my system yields. As for my CPU's thermal compound, I replaced it not too long ago so it should be holding up.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 3:58:04 AM

maybe you should get a new cpu heatsink?
m
0
l
July 8, 2012 5:06:59 AM

Why I have Windows Media Player up while playing games is because I want to play music while I game -> That's to the person towards the top of this thread.

Overheating issues -> Not really. I checked my CPU temperature in game a little while before the computer crashed, and the highest I had seen was 52°C(this was literately a bit ago before this reply was posted). That's not that bad... Right?

Here's some new information. I finally acknowledged this Windows error message that comes up after my crashes...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/65651590@N04/7525094660/si...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65651590@N04/7525099538/si...
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 6:06:28 AM

have you tried reinstalling windows?
m
0
l
July 8, 2012 6:54:31 AM

A quick search for this BugCheck Code (BCCode) shows that it may be some form of hardware incompatibility, or drivers that may be incompatible with WinXP.

Have a read of the following site for some more information and hopefully a pointer in the right direction:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/does-error-code-mean-b...
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 7:22:26 AM

hyrule571 said:
Why I have Windows Media Player up while playing games is because I want to play music while I game -> That's to the person towards the top of this thread.

Overheating issues -> Not really. I checked my CPU temperature in game a little while before the computer crashed, and the highest I had seen was 52°C(this was literately a bit ago before this reply was posted). That's not that bad... Right?

Here's some new information. I finally acknowledged this Windows error message that comes up after my crashes...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/65651590@N04/7525094660/si...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65651590@N04/7525099538/si...


THen it must be the PSU, buy a Corsair PSU
m
0
l
July 9, 2012 6:01:13 AM

I'm just wondering, why do you think the PSU is causing this to occur?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 9, 2012 8:52:41 AM

hyrule571 said:
I'm just wondering, why do you think the PSU is causing this to occur?


Because its the only thing left to rull out, we know the problem isnt overheating nor is thermal paste, and i highly doubt your CPU is damanged so it must be the PSU.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 9, 2012 11:16:27 PM

aqualipt said:
Because its the only thing left to rull out, we know the problem isnt overheating nor is thermal paste, and i highly doubt your CPU is damanged so it must be the PSU.

agreed... your psu could be faulty and sending too many watts, and when the computer senses this, it shuts down to save its self
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 9, 2012 11:41:41 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
agreed... your psu could be faulty and sending too many watts, and when the computer senses this, it shuts down to save its self


hmmm.... i think its actually the oposite, my best guess is that the PSUs transformer is damanged so it cant produce wattage (and ampers) requiered for PC to function
m
0
l
!