Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Worth Upgrading?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 16, 2012 5:09:35 PM

Basically I want to know if its worth upgrading my cpu to an I5 3570k + gigabyte intel z77 mobo + DDR3 RAM ($425)

Currently:
Intel core 2 duo E7300 (OC'd to 3.4ghz)
Asus P5QL mobo
Radeon HD 6850
4gb DDR2

Is it worth the $425 to upgrade this? Should I upgrade something else? Games are running ok low/med settings but slow down during huge battles. (Planetside 2, GW2, Arma 2....CPU intensive games)

Thanks in Advance.

More about : worth upgrading

November 16, 2012 5:11:02 PM

BakesCakes said:
Basically I want to know if its worth upgrading my cpu to an I5 3570k + gigabyte intel z77 mobo + DDR3 RAM ($425)

Currently:
Intel core 2 duo E7300 (OC'd to 3.4ghz)
Asus P5QL mobo
Radeon HD 6850
4gb DDR2

Is it worth the $425 to upgrade this? Should I upgrade something else? Games are running ok low/med settings but slow down during huge battles. (Planetside 2, GW2, Arma 2....CPU intensive games)

Thanks in Advance.

It is absolutely worth it to upgrade. Do it! :)  Also, excellent choice on the CPU.
November 16, 2012 5:16:19 PM

yeah it should make a huge difference you should be able to play most games on high settings with your card.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 16, 2012 5:17:27 PM

GoldenI said:
It is absolutely worth it to upgrade. Do it! :)  Also, excellent choice on the CPU.


it's worth the upgrade, but imo, it's better to wait for intel's new chips.... cause the chipset 1155 is dead after ivy bridge. so you'd have to buy a new motherboard for future cpu upgrades... But yes. it'll provide a huge boost to your frame rates if you upgrade.

(hanswell launches in about 6 months)

and intel usually keeps the sockets for at least 2 generations of cpus.
November 16, 2012 5:17:59 PM

hdeezie80 said:
yeah it should make a huge difference you should be able to play most games on high settings with your card.

He will be able to reach high settings without any issues, and maximum settings with a tolerable frame-rate. Add another HD6850 in there with crossfire, and he is good to go!
!