LCD TV loses video and sound signal when I launch a game

Hello all,

My problem is that when I launch a game using my LCD TV as a monitor, it loses video and sound and I am left with a blue screen as if the TV has no input. If I alt tab to the desktop, I can hear the sound from the game.

I am using a 32ft and a 15ft HDMI cable combined to connect my TV in the living room to my TV in my computer room. As I write this, I am using my TV as a monitor. So it works, but something is preventing it from launching games without losing the signal.

This system has worked in the past on other games. I am not sure what's changed since I've last tried it.

My TV is a 32' LCD and I am using a resolution of 1280 x 720 which says it's the recommended setting.

Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about loses video sound signal launch game
  1. Just to make this even more confusing, some games will launch no problem and some won't. For example the Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 3 both opened and I was able to play both.

Games like Terraria, New Vegas and Civ 5 would all go to a blue screen (which I take to mean it's lost it's signal) after I launch the game through my desktop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV Games Video LCD Graphics