Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No Signal From PC Please help!!

Last response: in Systems
July 7, 2012 11:14:33 AM

Hello,

I recently built my computer about a month ago.

Below are my components.
Asrock H77M motherboard
CPU: Intel i3450
GPU:Gigabyte HD 7850
PSU: Antec 550W
RAM:G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3

My computer's been getting a BSOD with a message of Memory management issues.

So,

I opened up my computer and tried to see whether my memory sticks were installed properly.
In the process, I took out my graphics card and and took out my memory card and put them back in and started my computer.
Then my computer is giving no signal to the monitor. Did I break my motherboard or my graphics card in the process? Please give me some guidance.

Thank you.

More about : signal

July 7, 2012 11:45:20 AM

Graphics card may not be seated properly. There is a latch behind the pci slot which anchors the card. Some little force will be needed to have it slotted.

Are the memory sticks in the correct slots? Refer to your manual for correct placement, usually the blue slots.

If you’re able to get the computer running and is still bsoding on you, try resetting to bios defaults by removing the cmos watch sized battery located somewhere on the motherboard.

Otherwise it could be faulty memory. Try memory sticks singly in each dimm slot to diagnose and run http://www.memtest86.com/ to test.

Don’t rule out the psu either, it is just borderline sufficient.

m
l
July 7, 2012 11:55:36 AM

boju said:
Graphics card may not be seated properly. There is a latch behind the pci slot which anchors the card. Some little force will be needed to have it slotted.

Are the memory sticks in the correct slots? Refer to your manual for correct placement, usually the blue slots.

If you’re able to get the computer running and is still bsoding on you, try resetting to bios defaults by removing the cmos watch sized battery located somewhere on the motherboard.

Otherwise it could be faulty memory. Try memory sticks singly in each dimm slot to diagnose and run http://www.memtest86.com/ to test.

Don’t rule out the psu either, it is just borderline sufficient.

Thanks for the advice I tried putting back them in. But I feel like my memory sticks wobbly although I applied a bit of force into them. But can memory sticks have an impact in giving DVI signals to monitors?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 7, 2012 12:02:08 PM

yes if the memory sticks aren’t seated properly the motherboard will not function properly.

There are 2 notches at each side of the memory slot, this too requires a bit of force. The notches will clip into the sides of the memory sticks when seated properly.
July 7, 2012 12:02:24 PM

Best answer selected by tribeqa.
m
l
July 7, 2012 12:04:01 PM

boju said:
yes if the memory sticks aren’t seated properly the motherboard will not function properly.

There are 2 notches at each side of the memory slot, this too requires a bit of force. The notches will clip into the sides of the memory sticks when seated properly.

That may be the reason then. Thank you for your help.

Also can you explain a bit detail in CMOS thing you mentioned earlier?

I am new to computer building and don't know how to set it up. Do I need to go to BIOS setting and disable CMOS?

I am getting BSODs sporatically, sometimes I don't get it for a couple of days and sometimes i get them twice in an hour.
m
l
July 7, 2012 12:18:18 PM

Bsod issues can vary and are usually memory related.

Clearing of cmos is really only necessary if bios settings have been messed with. Removing the battery for 30 seconds will clear and set the bios settings to default.

If the problem persists, it may be worth while using memtest, follow the instructions and use it to fully test and diagnose your memory. If it passes then you can move onto other possibilities. If it fails, it means 1 or 2 sticks are incompatible with each other or faulty.

m
l
July 7, 2012 12:38:58 PM

boju said:
Bsod issues can vary and are usually memory related.

Clearing of cmos is really only necessary if bios settings have been messed with. Removing the battery for 30 seconds will clear and set the bios settings to default.

If the problem persists, it may be worth while using memtest, follow the instructions and use it to fully test and diagnose your memory. If it passes then you can move onto other possibilities. If it fails, it means 1 or 2 sticks are incompatible with each other or faulty.

Thanks a lot Boju. I havent messed with BIOS settings but will try that method and do the memtest also.

If problem still occurs I will ask this forum.

Thanks again.
m
l
July 7, 2012 1:01:34 PM

your welcome, good luck :) 
m
l
!