Microsoft's lawyers stymied by college kid

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:58:57 -0400, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@ezrs.com> wrote:

>clevescene.com | Kill Bill (Printable) | 2005-03-30
>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03-30/news/feature_print.html

Hmm, first the university was wrong in not taking back the unopened
package, then M$ reneged on taking it back, apparently maybe within their
stated time period, then the lawyers went nuts with false accusations - I
wonder what the final settlement came out at?.

The guy was right to try to sell it but he *did* violate the rules by
selling academic priced software on the general market. I thought many
academic insitutions had mechanisms in place to resell used materials like
textbooks - no?

The thing I find interesting here is that M$ had a lawyer, this Chudakoff
creep in Cleveland, who was "local" to take up the cudgel for them. Is
this coincidence or does this mean M$ has lawyers on retainer all over the
place ready to pounce on us at the local level?

--
Rgds, George Macdonald