Can My computer run Counter strike source?

MY QUESTION IS WILL MY PROCESSOR WOULD BE ABLE TO MATCH WITH COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE REQUIREMENT?
Ram:1GB
CPU:CPU:Intel(R)Pentium(R)Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
GPU:NOT YET BOUGHT SUGGEST ME ONE BUDGET IS US DOLLAR $50
----------------------
If my cpu doesnt match with css game specs then suggest me a cheaper and a good cpu/Processor :ange:
9 answers Last reply
More about computer counter strike source
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161376

if you can get some more RAM that would help
    and your CPU does meet the minimum requirements
  2. adnanzx said:
    MY QUESTION IS WILL MY PROCESSOR WOULD BE ABLE TO MATCH WITH COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE REQUIREMENT?
    ----------------------
    If my cpu doesnt match with css game specs then suggest me a cheaper and a good cpu/Processor :ange:

Yes the CPU will do the trick

For 50$ you are limited to the lowest of the lows... aka Radeon 5450 or 6450.

Spend 15$ extra and get at the very minimum a Radeon 6570
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150613

There is a great difference between a 6450 Usually for office productivity, people who want dual screens a 5570 or 6570 (capable of playing games fairly well on lowered details and a 6670 that is impressively capable for the price

I recommend going for the 6670. It is the best budget videocard around.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102988

Edit... I failed to notice.
    As posted above, you need at least an extra gig of ram. You can get away with 1gig if running XP but a good 2 to 4 gigs is strongly recommended these days.

I would guess you have a brand name pc. If so, feel free to post the model so I or someone else can look up the compatible ram moduels.
    Some brands like Dell are Di**s and release computers that support only specific ram.
    The trick is to go to kingston.com and verify what ram is made for that specific machine.
    If it's a noname pc, google cpuz, download, install and let us know what mainboard you have so we can tell if it's ddr2 or ddr3 ram.
  3. Hi :)

For CSS your cpu is EASILY enough..and forget extra ram , it wont help in css... just buy the best graphics card you can afford and play and enjoy...

All the best Brett :)
  4. adnanzx said:
    Ram:1GB(DDR2)
    ----------------------

My Ram Is DDR2
  5. adnanzx said:
    Ram:1GB(DDR2)
    ----------------------

My Ram Is DDR2
  6. C00lIT said:
    Yes the CPU will do the trick

For 50$ you are limited to the lowest of the lows... aka Radeon 5450 or 6450.

Spend 15$ extra and get at the very minimum a Radeon 6570
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150613

There is a great difference between a 6450 Usually for office productivity, people who want dual screens a 5570 or 6570 (capable of playing games fairly well on lowered details and a 6670 that is impressively capable for the price

I recommend going for the 6670. It is the best budget videocard around.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102988

Edit... I failed to notice.
    As posted above, you need at least an extra gig of ram. You can get away with 1gig if running XP but a good 2 to 4 gigs is strongly recommended these days.

I would guess you have a brand name pc. If so, feel free to post the model so I or someone else can look up the compatible ram moduels.
    Some brands like Dell are Di**s and release computers that support only specific ram.
    The trick is to go to kingston.com and verify what ram is made for that specific machine.
    If it's a noname pc, google cpuz, download, install and let us know what mainboard you have so we can tell if it's ddr2 or ddr3 ram.

IT IS DDR2
  7. adnanzx said:
    ----------------------

One Thing i forgot to mention my mother board it is Intel G31-M7 TE
    So Tell me will those Graphics card will fit on my Motherboard as PCI Express?
  8. adnanzx said:
    ----------------------

should be fine I used to play that on a single core amd 3200+ processor and an x800 pro!
  9. MY QUESTION IS WILL MY PROCESSOR WOULD BE ABLE TO MATCH WITH COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE REQUIREMENT?
    ----------------------
    If my cpu doesnt match with css game specs then suggest me a cheaper and a good cpu/Processor.

One thing I forgot to mention my mother board is G31-M7 TE Can those graphics card fit on my motherboard?
    here is my motherboard link http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=363&tab=3
    What PCI EXPRESS do my motherboard has and what are those graphics card needs?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Product