Components for 200€ HTPC

Domenus

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hello!

What components would work best for an HTPC that would fit into 200€ budget?

The first and most important question to answer is the CPU. I should probably get AMD because the are cheaper and I really don't need a lot of power. I would appreciate help picking the right model that fits my needs.

The biggest use of the machine would be photo and video viewing and occasional web browsing.
Due to small size the form factor of choice is ITX. I have an old HDD that I can use and a 130W PSU.
So what's left to buy (apart from the cpu) is the mobo, chase and RAM.
I hope I can get away with integrated GPU, so I don't have to squeeze dedicated graphics card into already tight budget.
The machine has to have WiFi capatibilities.

One last thing to consider is a way of controling it from the comfort of a livingroom couch. Wireless mouse and keyboard comes to mind but that's a bit too big (and expensive). Perhaps I could use a dedicated remote. Can I do that? Is it hard to setup or expensive?

Thank you for your help!

Domenus

Parts off Ebuyer UK
Untitled-2198.jpg

My living room HTPC is controlled by the ipazzport RF kb/touchpad and it also is good to go for waking up the HTPC via USB ^^
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-4G-2-4Ghz-iPazzPort-Google-TV-Mini-Handheld-Wireless-Keyboard-Laser-Pen-/220906075860?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item336f0736d4#ht_3360wt_1034