Hi guys, simple question...

fx 8350 + GA-970A-UD3
OR
i5 3570k + GA-Z77-D3H

i WILL overclock when needed
i wont use SLI/Xfire
I'll be buying from mindfactory.de

Is the intel worth the extra 50 euros?

I've already ordered the 8350 but they haven't send the package yet, i hope i can still cancel the order.

Thanks,

Demisor
26 answers Last reply
More about 8350 3570k
  1. Well if you are gaming then go for the 3570k if not then stick to the 8350. As far as I know they are pretty close to each other.
  2. No its not worth the extra $50, their is a 3-5 FPS difference in some games, it could probably dominate the i5 in some applications.
  3. Defo not worth the extra 50 euro stick with the fx8350
  4. 8350 got greater price/performance ration so i'd go with it
  5. Oh damn, i forgot to add it was for gaming!
    btw, thank you for your answers! :D
  6. Well it would be very minimal in terms of difference, what resolution are you playing at anyways? Could just invest in a better video card and/or overclock the 8350 to make it even better.

Edit: Do not forget to buy an aftermarket cooler if you are overclocking, I suggest the Hyper 212 if tight on money. Costs only 30-35 bucks but wait till Black Friday and you may find it cheaper. Or perhaps if you are lucky any other high end cooler will be cheap.
  7. No really, the gap is very small at high res
  8. The 8350 is perfectly fine for gaming.

You can use €50 to get an aftermarket cooler for overclocking.
  9. im going to game at 1920*1080 and already have an aftermarket cooler (scythe mugen 3 rev B) :D

Thanks again guys!
  10. Still at those resolutions the CPU is fine, spend more on the GPU, that matters more when gaming.
  11. im getting a gigabyte 7950 windforce 3, i guess that's okay :P
    I was just asking because at some games the amd is 10-20 fps behind, for some reason. It's mostly for games that i don't play but you never know, maybe in the future ill play one of those games :3
  12. demisor said:
    im getting a gigabyte 7950 windforce 3, i guess that's okay :P
    I was just asking because at some games the amd is 10-20 fps behind, for some reason. It's mostly for games that i don't play but you never know, maybe in the future ill play one of those games :3

You should consider buying it after black friday, might find a good deal during that day if not well you can always find that card for normal price any day of the year :lol:
  13. Thats not the story here -
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-13.html

What site where you looking at?
  14. jay_nar2012 said:
    Thats not the story here -
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-13.html

What site where you looking at?

BF3 is one of the few games that it's that even, though.

Still not a huge disparity, but enough to be a difference if you're not using a great GPU (which the 7950 is, of course) and you're hovering around 30FPS.
  15. I have no idea if there's a black friday in Germany, I live in Belgium and we've never celebrated Thanksgiving so i guess it doesn't count here. Anyways i already ordered the package and I think i'm only allowed to swap hardware and if I do, i have to pay immediately. Doesn't matter to me though since buying in Germany is cheaper than buying in Belgium, so i already saved some money :D

Thanks for the advice though! :}
  16. Woops, thought you lived in the states
    Anyways if your not in a rush could always wait around Christmas time, consider it buying a gift for yourself by saving money :lol:
  17. That's still about 35-40 days

Too long xD

I really appreciate your advices though ^^
  18. More opinions are always appreciated ;}
  19. What games are you planning to play?
  20. I'd say 8350, but depends how much your electricity is. You said you live in Belgium http://www.energy.eu/ says it costs € 0.2134 per kw/h , so by getting the 3570k you would save about € 32/year if running heavy cpu loads @ 8 hours per day.

This assumes no overclocking and heavy cpu usage for 8 hours per day. Overclocking would save more because 8350 uses much more when overclocked than the 3570k uses when overclocked. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/7

If doing just 4 hours per day heavy CPU work then you'd save € 16/year.
  21. @ jay, mostly shooters like BF3, COD also free roam games like GTA, i also play games like FC3, team fortress and maybe an mmorpg like guild wars later on.

BTW, i posted another thread on YA and these are the answers:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121116170028AAHreWQ
  22. intel over amd.. and i just bought the 8350
  23. do you regret it prodigydoo? What applications do you use most?
  24. You could also buy an 8320, basically the same as the 8350 but is clocked a little lower.
  25. i know jay, but it's better to buy the chip that is capable to do most on standart frequencies; maybe i have a bad 8320 chip and cant oc it past 4 ghz, now that would suck :P
  26. Well you could save some more money and its unlikely to be faulty but its your choice i suppose.

Well the 8350 can handle those games, it can break the 60FPS point on most games.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel i5