New build opinions on improvements.

Charles_A

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hey all,

I have been planning to build a new gaming PC for a while now as I've been using my mac. I've looked around the web and forums on information about parts etc. Now I am at the brink of purchasing and going ahead on building it, but I'd like to ask the community if I should make any changes at all or if there are /or going to be any problems with my setup.

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

Motherboard: Asus P8Z770-V LK

GPU - Gigabyte 2G GTX670

PSU - Antec HCG 900

RAM - DDR3 8G 2133 G.Skull Ripjaws-X

HDD - Western Digital Green 2TB x2

Drive - DVD-RW Sata Asus

Casing - Thermaltake Revo-Full

Network Card - PCI-E Asus PCE-N10

Cooling - Heatsink Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

Monitors - LG E2351VR x2 (dual screen)

Budget wise I am willing to spend $200-$300 more depending on how well it will improve my setup.

Thanks.

shubham_66

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Its a good build but i i would like to bring some points to ur notice..

You wont be needing 900W PSU unless you r going to do some serios overcolcking.

Consider adding a 128GB SSD to ur build. It will make it complete.

You can save some money by going for a 1600Mhz RAM as higher speed RAM actually doent make a difference

Charles_A

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions.

so I've decided to add/change a few things to the system and would like some more feedback if its okay to run games at max settings with high fps.

RAM: DDR3 8G Kit 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws-X
SSD: Intel 330 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB
Western Digital Green 1TB

I have chosen the 900 psu because I may head towards a sli setup and overclock the cpu/gpu at a later date. If it is still overkill is there anything that you would recommend at all?

thanks in advance.

Charles_A

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for the input guys,

I'm buying these parts from msy.com.au and unfortunately the selection of ssd's are very limited and it doesnt look like they are selling any samsung or crucial ssd's.

Would Intel still be okay compared to others such as Kingston, Patriot, OCZ and Sandisk?

As for the HDD i may just go for the WD Black 2TB and scratch the WD Green then?

Thanks alot guys for the help.