Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Generic USB SC Volume WAYYY too LOUD/Hissing

Last response: in Components
November 16, 2012 9:02:54 PM

I just purchase one of those generic 5.1 USB sounds for like $4 off ebay. The previous one I had worked fine and had very few issues but i bent the body and detached the soldered leads from the circuit board (i might repair it). anyways the replacement I bought is incredibly loud and has a very noticeable hiss. I literally have the OS (Win7) volume set at 1 and its incredibly loud and even WORSE when i turn on loudness correction. before i chalk this up to me being an intolerable cheap ass, is there anything I can do to remedy this problem?
November 16, 2012 9:05:13 PM

Ask the seller if you can exchange it for a new one or return it and buy a proper one you cheap ass (not intended for insulting you).
Score
November 16, 2012 9:11:25 PM

Does sound you play come out of the device?
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 16, 2012 9:13:18 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
Does sound you play come out of the device?
Yes it does, but its incredibly loud (even at 1/100 volume) and it hisses. The hissing stops when the sound stops
Score
November 16, 2012 9:16:02 PM

Does the device have a separate volume control?

Does it do the same with other computers or laptops?
Score
November 16, 2012 9:44:53 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
Does the device have a separate volume control?

Does it do the same with other computers or laptops?
No it doesn't have a separate volume control and it the problems do occur with other pcs.
Score

Best solution

November 16, 2012 9:50:28 PM

I think it is most likely faulty, its only $4 but tell the seller that it doesn't work properly and ask for a new one, its less hassle to get a new one than spending a few hours troubleshooting.

You could also try wriggling the connectors about and see if that does anything..
Or try a different piece of audio equipment on the device (like another pair of speakers or headphones).
November 16, 2012 9:57:26 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
I think it is most likely faulty, its only $4 but tell the seller that it doesn't work properly and ask for a new one, its less hassle to get a new one than spending a few hours troubleshooting.

You could also try wriggling the connectors about and see if that does anything..
Or try a different piece of audio equipment on the device (like another pair of speakers or headphones).
Alright thanks :) 
Score
November 16, 2012 10:01:55 PM

No problem.
Score
November 16, 2012 10:13:47 PM

Best answer selected by James McKeane.
Score
!