[New build] 500-650$ gaming pc

SilverBurner

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: 2-4weeks

Budget Range: 500-650$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the Internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor,

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, ncix.com/ where ever there cheapest

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Since my monitor is a LCD HD TV im guessing 1366x768 its about 32 by 16.

Additional Comments: I dont want it to be a heater please! ^^ Im going to be useing it to play arma 2, battlefield 3, borderlands 2, grand theft auto 5, etc, so if i could play them on high graphics that would be nice. A tower with a HDMI plugin. Even tho its not part of the pc can i get a cheap microphone that has good sound quility from my end.? Thanks guys

Solution
I have three suggestions to make regarding your project:

1)GPU: Sapphire HD7770 1GB Ghz edition; less power consumption and going with a newer model opens gate for future games to run smoothly. x2 in the future and you will still be under the $300 mark for nice graphics performance.

2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB). that will leave you with 2 free slots for upgrade in the future, and you have more memory (always nice to have I believe).

3) I don't know what you like about the case you selected but I would suggest going with a more powerful PSU and another case in the $40-$50 range. PSU:Diablotek Inc. PSDA500 DA Series 500-Watt ATX Power Supply (Amazon sorry). For the case you have tons of choices. I personnaly hate towers, but...

akangatta

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I have three suggestions to make regarding your project:

1)GPU: Sapphire HD7770 1GB Ghz edition; less power consumption and going with a newer model opens gate for future games to run smoothly. x2 in the future and you will still be under the $300 mark for nice graphics performance.

2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB). that will leave you with 2 free slots for upgrade in the future, and you have more memory (always nice to have I believe).

3) I don't know what you like about the case you selected but I would suggest going with a more powerful PSU and another case in the $40-$50 range. PSU:Diablotek Inc. PSDA500 DA Series 500-Watt ATX Power Supply (Amazon sorry). For the case you have tons of choices. I personnaly hate towers, but that one seems ok: Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Solution

akangatta

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

n
nI am glad I could help.
n
nPlease don't mind my opinion on towers. It really depends on where you want your machine to fit. I use it as a gaming/HTPC/work station on the flat screen TV in my living room. Therefore I needed it to be quite small and slick looking. However SFF cases come at a hefty price (damn you niche market!!), si if space nor looks are a priority for you, a empty black steel shell is really easy to find. And being in the US, you can enjiy sone nice free shipping from Newegg or Amazon (you should also consider that website).
n
nI hope you will share details on your final build soon.

Better for same price

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H67A-G43 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($187.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply ($36.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.95 @ B&H)
Total: $758.42
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)