Which Alliance zone for high end herbs (37 druid)??

I am 37 night elf druid with high herbalism 230 ish and alchemy 280 ish.
Having to buy all my higher end herbs from AH. I'd like to get XP and herbs
at the same time. Any good ideas? TIA
7 answers Last reply
More about which alliance zone high herbs druid

    u wrote:
    > Your gathering skill is ahead of your killing skill by about 8 levels...

    I agree.

    At L37 he might get some Goldthorn in the Arathi Highlands, some
    Fadeleaf/Blindweed in Swamp of Sorrows, or some Firebloom in the
    Badlands. But beyond that his gathering has out-paced his level.

    I would just keep grinding/questing/levelling and pick Herbs as you go
    anyway. Stockpile them with an Alt character, or sell them as desired.
    Feralas, Tenaris and the Hinterlands are the next set of zones in your
    mid-40's.

    Your gathering skill is ahead of your killing skill by about 8 levels. In
    order to continue skilling-up your gathering you would need to be gathering
    in levels corresponding to level 45+ mobs. Tanaris (firebloom, goldthorn),
    Hinterlands (Sungrass, Purple Lotus, Goldthorn, Ghost Mushroom), or if you
    are brave, the outer rim of Un'Goro Crater (Mountain Silversage, Sungrass).
    But the truth is that doing both simultaneously (leveling AND increasing
    your Herbalism level) isn't really viable until your character level catches
    up with your herbalism level. Leveling your character and continuing to buy
    AH herbs sound like a viable approach.

    Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, stealth in, gather, stealth out.

    u wrote:

    > Your gathering skill is ahead of your killing skill by about 8 levels. In
    > order to continue skilling-up your gathering you would need to be gathering
    > in levels corresponding to level 45+ mobs.

    This is not entirely true. Liferoot is green until 250 and farmable in
    Ashenvale. Gromsblood starts at 250 and is growing in Ashenvale too (rare
    places like FelXXXX). Purple Lotus has some nodes in Ashenvale. Goldthorn
    and Kadhgars Whisker grow in Arathi, which is 30-40 territory IIRC.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    "Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
    >u wrote:
    >

    > This is not entirely true. Liferoot is green until 250 and farmable in
    > Ashenvale. Gromsblood starts at 250 and is growing in Ashenvale too (rare
    > places like FelXXXX). Purple Lotus has some nodes in Ashenvale.

    I've gathered Purple Lotus in Stranglethorn Vale as well.

    he's got 280 Alchemy and wants to gather, instead of buy, those high level
    herbs himself. I like the idea of gathering Khadagar's Whiskers in STV
    (35-45 map) or Firebloom in Tanaris (40-50 map), but Gromsblood in Felwood
    will get him killed a lot. That is a level 45-55 area and the first
    creatures he encounters will be 48+. While he can certainly level his
    Herbalism up past 250 just off Liferoot and KW's, the downside is that most
    of the potions he probably wants to make have twin herbal components. What
    is going to happen is that he will now have 280+ Herbalism/280+ Alchemy, but
    will still be in the position of buying high level herbs because his
    character level will not allow him to gather those herbs found only in
    higher level maps such as Azshara, Wintersprings, Felwood, W/E Plaguelands.

    The problem here is that he needs to level his character up. I would focus
    on that 99% of the time, and hope that 1% of the time he runs into an herb
    that will level up his gathering. In the meantime, he's stuck buying
    Mountain Silversage, Plaguebloom, Icecap, Sungrass, and Golden Sansam from
    the AH.

    Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, time to start killing stuff, and lots of it.

    "u" <u@mail.com> wrote:
    > he's got 280 Alchemy and wants to gather, instead of buy, those high level
    > herbs himself.

    Sorry, I got that wrong. I thought he wanted to level up his 230 gathering
    skill.

    > I like the idea of gathering Khadagar's Whiskers in STV
    > (35-45 map) or Firebloom in Tanaris (40-50 map), but Gromsblood in Felwood
    > will get him killed a lot.

    I'm not talking about Felwood. There's a small region in Ashenvale, near to
    the hordes lumber camp. Right where Hellscreams grave is. It's called
    something with "Fel...", and level 29-30 demons live there. There's even a
    dungeon up there (I sneaked there in once when I was like 32, scary thing to
    be chased by a patrol of 4 level 30 demons).

    I know of at least 2 gromsblood nodes there.

    > That is a level 45-55 area and the first
    > creatures he encounters will be 48+. While he can certainly level his
    > Herbalism up past 250 just off Liferoot and KW's, the downside is that most
    > of the potions he probably wants to make have twin herbal components. What
    > is going to happen is that he will now have 280+ Herbalism/280+ Alchemy, but
    > will still be in the position of buying high level herbs because his
    > character level will not allow him to gather those herbs found only in
    > higher level maps such as Azshara, Wintersprings, Felwood, W/E Plaguelands.

    Agreed. Sorry again, I got that wrong. At least, he would have his gathering
    skill high enough once he reaches the zones in which the high end herbs grow.

    > Mountain Silversage, Plaguebloom, Icecap, Sungrass, and Golden Sansam from

    Sungrass has some nodes in Feralas, just north of Mojache *duckandrun*.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:15:07 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

    >> Mountain Silversage, Plaguebloom, Icecap, Sungrass, and Golden Sansam from
    >
    >Sungrass has some nodes in Feralas, just north of Mojache *duckandrun*.

    You can find Sungrass in Felwood, Azshara, Ferelas, Eastern
    Plaguelands, The Hinterlands, and Blasted Lands.

    Go go, herbalism pdf from http://www.streamload.com/bollwerk :)

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann