Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Update on Repair of Olympus C-50

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:22:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Sent my repair in on 8/2....Priority Mail and Olympus in Hauppauge NY
said they rec'd it on 8/8. Ummmmm. Called the postal service (usps)
and they told me that if it was delayed it could take up to 14 days.
Sheesh.

They said I didn't send in my check but I know for a fact it was in the
envelope with the necessary paperwork. They had asked for a $150.00
amount PLUS the sales tax.

After several emails to them on account of not being able to go thru
their website to track this repair, I was finally sent an email telling
me that the repair was $37.28. I then tried to approve the repair via
the website but the only option they had was to get my credit card
number to bill me the $37.28 of which I already had paid $159.75.

I called several times to find out what was going on and was told they
did NOT have my check. Oh brother. Now what? I s'pose I could stop
payment on it but sure as tootin' the timing is probably goofy and I'll
miss it. And further more, I don't want that charge on the stop
payment. Drat.

This is getting ridiculous. I vhant my camera back! Repaired and with
the monies due me for overpaying.

AnnE in MN

More about : update repair olympus

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:22:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:22:56 GMT, "AnnE" <NoSpam@example.invalid>
wrote:

>Sent my repair in on 8/2....Priority Mail and Olympus in Hauppauge NY
>said they rec'd it on 8/8. Ummmmm. Called the postal service (usps)
>and they told me that if it was delayed it could take up to 14 days.
>Sheesh.
>
>They said I didn't send in my check but I know for a fact it was in the
>envelope with the necessary paperwork. They had asked for a $150.00
>amount PLUS the sales tax.
>
>After several emails to them on account of not being able to go thru
>their website to track this repair, I was finally sent an email telling
>me that the repair was $37.28. I then tried to approve the repair via
>the website but the only option they had was to get my credit card
>number to bill me the $37.28 of which I already had paid $159.75.
>
>I called several times to find out what was going on and was told they
>did NOT have my check. Oh brother. Now what? I s'pose I could stop
>payment on it but sure as tootin' the timing is probably goofy and I'll
>miss it. And further more, I don't want that charge on the stop
>payment. Drat.

Not quite sure what you mean here, but you can go to the bank and ask
if the check has cleared. If not, you can put a stop on it, and it
won't be honored.
What do you mean by, "I don't want that charge on the stop payment"?
Do you mean you don't want the stop payment charge? No one does. It's
part of life, no one promised you 'fair.' Sorry.
>
>This is getting ridiculous. I vhant my camera back! Repaired and with
>the monies due me for overpaying.

Stop payment on the check, send them their lower amount, and you'll
get your camera back.
>
> AnnE in MN
>

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
funktionality.blogspot.com
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:26:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

oh, you're sooo logical! lol Stop Payments don't have to "be a part of
MY life", thank you very much. You don't really think I want to send
them another check even if it is for the lower amount, do you? I'll
wait a couple more days to see if the check clears...which btw, I can
view myself with my banking. Thanks AnnE


"Bill Funk" <BigBill@there.com> wrote in message
news:34bkf1547eere5f1nbj8k92r4ctcaphki4@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:22:56 GMT, "AnnE" <NoSpam@example.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Sent my repair in on 8/2....Priority Mail and Olympus in Hauppauge NY
>>said they rec'd it on 8/8. Ummmmm. Called the postal service (usps)
>>and they told me that if it was delayed it could take up to 14 days.
>>Sheesh.
>>
>>They said I didn't send in my check but I know for a fact it was in
>>the
>>envelope with the necessary paperwork. They had asked for a $150.00
>>amount PLUS the sales tax.
>>
>>After several emails to them on account of not being able to go thru
>>their website to track this repair, I was finally sent an email
>>telling
>>me that the repair was $37.28. I then tried to approve the repair via
>>the website but the only option they had was to get my credit card
>>number to bill me the $37.28 of which I already had paid $159.75.
>>
>>I called several times to find out what was going on and was told they
>>did NOT have my check. Oh brother. Now what? I s'pose I could stop
>>payment on it but sure as tootin' the timing is probably goofy and
>>I'll
>>miss it. And further more, I don't want that charge on the stop
>>payment. Drat.
>
> Not quite sure what you mean here, but you can go to the bank and ask
> if the check has cleared. If not, you can put a stop on it, and it
> won't be honored.
> What do you mean by, "I don't want that charge on the stop payment"?
> Do you mean you don't want the stop payment charge? No one does. It's
> part of life, no one promised you 'fair.' Sorry.
>>
>>This is getting ridiculous. I vhant my camera back! Repaired and
>>with
>>the monies due me for overpaying.
>
> Stop payment on the check, send them their lower amount, and you'll
> get your camera back.
>>
>> AnnE in MN
>>
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"
> funktionality.blogspot.com
!