Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I can't connect my Zenbook to my TV with Micro HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2012 5:45:13 PM

Hi guys,

I hope that I'm in the right place.

I recently bought an ASUS Zenbook, and some of you might know that it has a Micro HDMI slot. As I don't have a Micro HDMI cable, I bought this adapter, and then I figured that i could just use it to connect my computer to my TV with my normal HDMI cable.

Problem is, though, that it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I plug it in - neither the computer or the TV seems to respond to it being plugged in at all.
I know that the cable works since I use it with my PS3, so the problem must be with either the adapter or the computer. And since the adapter is just, well.. An adapter, my guess is that the computer is somehow the problem. But why?
I hope you'll be able to help me.
I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 5:51:20 PM

It is probably the adapter. The best thing to do is get a MicroHDMI to HDMI cable.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 5:25:53 PM

It's probably NOT the adapter. I have the exact same problem and went to check the cable + adapter at the store I bought it. Both work perfectly, but the zenbook gets no signal. Guys at the store said they've had plenty of zenbooks in for the same reason. Asus though insisted on the phone, that there's no known problem with the port. BS, there's a problem. The port is probably ok, but the drivers don't work with win7 or something. Anyway, if anyone has a solution which is something else than shipping the computer to Asus for repairing (which most likely doesn't solve the problem), I'd be glad to hear from it.
July 18, 2012 5:22:03 PM

I had the exact same problem with an Asus Zenbook UX31e-DH52. The solution is to download the current driver for the the Intel HD Graphics 3000 directly from Intel's website. As of this post, the version on ASUS's support site does not resolve the issue.

The version I installed was Version: 15.26.12.64.2761 for Windows 7 x64
download URL: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21431&lang=eng&wapkw=hd+graphics+3000+drivers

As soon as I installed the driver my HDMI monitor that was plugged in was recognized and started cloning the display.
Related resources
!