First pc build. need help

bobbycarver

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
hi, ive almost finished building my first project and by now i should have a picture on the screen( im missing my dvd drive). but i have no picture, infact my tv just says no input signal found.

i think i know what the problem is though, i have bought the nvidia geforce 260 gtx and it requires 2x 6 pin connecters where i only have the one plugged in it. my graphics card fans arnt spinning round so im guessing there isnt enough power going into it for it to work. ive ordered an adapter for molex x2 to 6 pin pci-e and im hoping this will fix the problem.

does anyone know anything else that may be causing it? here is a list of components im using

Motherboard: ASRock M3N78D NVIDIA nForce 720D Chipset
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x2 3.1ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 8GB (2x4GB) Memory Kit 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM
Graphics: Nvidia geforce 260gtx
HDD: segate 160gb
PSU: QUIET ACE BLACK EDITION 750W ATX PSU

obsama1

Distinguished
That's pretty much the issue, haha. Once you plug in the other 6pin, it will definitely work. If it doesn't, just post another question on the forum, and we'll help.

Make sure all your connections are in place correctly from your PSU to your mobo (8pin and 24 pin) and the CPU fan is connected. Double check your power button is correctly connected, take the GPU out and reseat it in the slot and plug the 2 pcie connections and give it try

G

hold it!

you have a 750 watt PSU with only ONE 6 pin connectors???

junk.

bobbycarver

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
G

replace that. there is an article around here on THG that showing a cheap 450 watt PSU that fails before hitting 100 watts and a 750 that can't output 500 watts
Don't Be Surprised When Your Cheap PSU Blows Up
psu-low-cost,4-F-280095-13.png

TRENDING THREADS