Nov 15, 2012
This is my intended rig:

Intel Core i5-3570 + Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
G-Skill RipJawX 1600MHz CL9 4X4GB
Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD SATA3
WD 2TB 64MB Caviar Green (3 Yrs)
Sapphire HD7950 3GB DDR5
CoolerMaster HAF 912 Combat Edition
C.Master Hyper 212 EVO (Turbo Edition $75)
Seasonic X 560W
DELL 23” U2312HM IPS LED

Usage: Mainly for high graphics gaming (borderlands 2, crysis 2, torchlight 2, etc), maxed out graphics settings. And probably normal web surfing and watching of vids and movies.

Do I need to add non-stock fans to the case? Will my system overheat from the demanding graphics use?

I was thinking of adding 200mm fans if necessary.

Thanks! :D

Solution
The stock fan configuration will be more than sufficient; no extra fans necessary :)

If you want extreme cooling performance, I would suggest adding more. But in reality, I think the differences of having 5-6 fans vs 2-3 is only 3-4C; not much.
The stock fan configuration will be more than sufficient; no extra fans necessary :)

If you want extreme cooling performance, I would suggest adding more. But in reality, I think the differences of having 5-6 fans vs 2-3 is only 3-4C; not much.

Solution

JJ1217

Honorable
Hmm, since you like Crysis 2, I'll make a recommendation.

Download MaldoHD 4.0 Beta from his website, located here: http://maldotex.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/maldohd-40-beta.html

Its extremely easy to install (Its an exe, simply run it, choose Crysis 2 folder in your directory, open up the config utility, agree to whatever is there, change settings to however you feel, and that game now looks 10 times better, and runs 10 times better too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.