I used a Hefty Bag with my RAZR

I recently went on a day long fishing trip and I knew on the boat I would be
in bright sunlight. I totally prepared for the bright light because if I
received calls I wanted to be able to see the disply, so I brought a full
sized black Hefty Bag in my tackle box.

When I had to make a couple of calls all I did was fully open the bag and
pulled over my head and shoulders and upper arms while using my phone. The
darkness was just perfect for seeing the display. I had absolutely no
problem! Also, the reception actually seemed a little clearer inside the
bag! I am going to test the reception tomorrow while going to work in the
city (no silly, I won't be driving, I'll be taking the train).

A couple of precautions if you are going to try this for yourself. First I
would not advise children to put plastic bags over their heads because after
an especially long call even I because a little woozey. Next, make certain
you are seated and stay seated. Without thinking, I stood once while making
a point to the caller and I almost fell over the side of the boat with phone
in hand and the bag over my head. Stay seated.

Wear a wide brimmed hat. I actually stumbled upon this one. I was wearing
one anyway because of the hot sun on the boat and it worked really well to
create a ballooned working space inside the bag.

Has anyone else used this technique?

Jimmy
4 answers Last reply
More about hefty razr

    Jimmy Smith wrote:
    > I recently went on a day long fishing trip and I knew on the boat I would be
    > in bright sunlight. I totally prepared for the bright light because if I
    > received calls I wanted to be able to see the disply, so I brought a full
    > sized black Hefty Bag in my tackle box.
    >
    > When I had to make a couple of calls all I did was fully open the bag and
    > pulled over my head and shoulders and upper arms while using my phone. The
    > darkness was just perfect for seeing the display. I had absolutely no
    > problem! Also, the reception actually seemed a little clearer inside the
    > bag! I am going to test the reception tomorrow while going to work in the
    > city (no silly, I won't be driving, I'll be taking the train).
    >
    > A couple of precautions if you are going to try this for yourself. First I
    > would not advise children to put plastic bags over their heads because after
    > an especially long call even I because a little woozey. Next, make certain
    > you are seated and stay seated. Without thinking, I stood once while making
    > a point to the caller and I almost fell over the side of the boat with phone
    > in hand and the bag over my head. Stay seated.
    >
    > Wear a wide brimmed hat. I actually stumbled upon this one. I was wearing
    > one anyway because of the hot sun on the boat and it worked really well to
    > create a ballooned working space inside the bag.
    >
    > Has anyone else used this technique?
    >
    > Jimmy

    Er, no.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >> I recently went on a day long fishing trip and I knew on the boat I would
    >> be in bright sunlight. I totally prepared for the bright light because
    >> if I received calls I wanted to be able to see the disply, so I brought a
    >> full sized black Hefty Bag in my tackle box.
    >>
    >> When I had to make a couple of calls all I did was fully open the bag and
    >> pulled over my head and shoulders and upper arms while using my phone.
    >> The darkness was just perfect for seeing the display. ................
    >> Has anyone else used this technique?
    >>

    > Er, no.

    LOL!

    I applaud your creativity, but the conjured image is circa America's
    Funniest Videos.
    "Mommy why does Daddy have a garbage bag over his head? Shhhhhh, darling,
    he's conducting tax deductible business.".

    I did see a coyote on TV yesterday with his head stuck in a large glass
    bottle, maybe he had been trying to make a call.

    Jimmy, you made my day!

    That is absolutely hilarious. I can just picture someone on a train talking
    on a cell phone with a garbage bag over his head.

    "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    > I recently went on a day long fishing trip and I knew on the boat I would
    be
    > in bright sunlight. I totally prepared for the bright light because if I
    > received calls I wanted to be able to see the disply, so I brought a full
    > sized black Hefty Bag in my tackle box.
    >
    > When I had to make a couple of calls all I did was fully open the bag and
    > pulled over my head and shoulders and upper arms while using my phone.
    The
    > darkness was just perfect for seeing the display. I had absolutely no
    > problem! Also, the reception actually seemed a little clearer inside the
    > bag! I am going to test the reception tomorrow while going to work in the
    > city (no silly, I won't be driving, I'll be taking the train).
    >
    > A couple of precautions if you are going to try this for yourself. First
    > would not advise children to put plastic bags over their heads because
    after
    > an especially long call even I because a little woozey. Next, make
    certain
    > you are seated and stay seated. Without thinking, I stood once while
    making
    > a point to the caller and I almost fell over the side of the boat with
    phone
    > in hand and the bag over my head. Stay seated.
    >
    > Wear a wide brimmed hat. I actually stumbled upon this one. I was
    wearing
    > one anyway because of the hot sun on the boat and it worked really well to
    > create a ballooned working space inside the bag.
    >
    > Has anyone else used this technique?
    >
    > Jimmy

    It's wise to make sure you use a hefty bag with built in draw strings. That
    way if you want to have a private conversation, you can just pull the
    strings and the bag will fit snugly around your neck. Trust me, the other
    folks on the train will appreciate your thoughtfulness. They may even
    volunteer to assist.

    "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    > I recently went on a day long fishing trip and I knew on the boat I would
    be
    > in bright sunlight. I totally prepared for the bright light because if I
    > received calls I wanted to be able to see the disply, so I brought a full
    > sized black Hefty Bag in my tackle box.
    >
    > When I had to make a couple of calls all I did was fully open the bag and
    > pulled over my head and shoulders and upper arms while using my phone.
    The
    > darkness was just perfect for seeing the display. I had absolutely no
    > problem! Also, the reception actually seemed a little clearer inside the
    > bag! I am going to test the reception tomorrow while going to work in the
    > city (no silly, I won't be driving, I'll be taking the train).
    >
    > A couple of precautions if you are going to try this for yourself. First
    > would not advise children to put plastic bags over their heads because
    after
    > an especially long call even I because a little woozey. Next, make
    certain
    > you are seated and stay seated. Without thinking, I stood once while
    making
    > a point to the caller and I almost fell over the side of the boat with
    phone
    > in hand and the bag over my head. Stay seated.
    >
    > Wear a wide brimmed hat. I actually stumbled upon this one. I was
    wearing
    > one anyway because of the hot sun on the boat and it worked really well to
    > create a ballooned working space inside the bag.
    >
    > Has anyone else used this technique?
    >
    > Jimmy

Cingular Internet Service Providers