getting a mount from another race

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own? I'm an orc
but would like to have a raptor instead of a wolf. Has anyone managed it?

"Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> wrote in message
> How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own? I'm
> an orc but would like to have a raptor instead of a wolf. Has anyone
> managed it?

I do believe your reputation has to be really quite high. Exalted or
somewhere around there.

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

"Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> wrote in message
> How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own?

Talk about a misleading Subject line.

Xanex.....UndeadRogueazon, well first you have to get reaaaal drunk, then
start stripping off your clothes and...

>> So, can someone tell a quest that gives faction bonus for Night Elves,
>> doable by Humans and lots of times? :) I wish to ride a Tigger with my
>> Human Warrior :))
>
> The Morrowgrain quest is one such, I believe.

That's the one. On Stormrage, a stack of 10 Morrowgrain sells for 7g.
Well worth it to get a bunch of Un'goro soil and, whenever you remember
to do so, use a packet of seeds to try to generate Morrowgrain. If you
get randon herbs instead, save them up (or use for alchemy) and sell
stacks of 20 on your AH. One of the most lucrative quests for NEs with
minimal effort.

For Human's there's a repeatable quest in Westfall, I think.

Regards,
Noal

In <1117121395.818987.292270@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> dharzhak@my-deja.com writes:

> Yes, you need to be Exalted.

Which, I've heard, is effectively impossible.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

After the next patch I hear you will be able to turn in cloth for faction,
so as long as you don't mind farming a ton of humanoids to get it......go
runecloth go!

"Brian" <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Brian
> I plan on riding a kitty with my Human Priest, when I get high enough.

Yeah, man...that's like, totally cool and stuff.

Or maybe I misinterpreted "when I get high enough."

"Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> wrote in message
> How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own? I'm an
> orc
> but would like to have a raptor instead of a wolf. Has anyone managed it?

As an aside, the REAL fun will be getting exalted when you can
switch sides.

I wanna be a gnome on a Kodo...

"sanjian" <sanjian@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:32:26 -0400, "sanjian" <sanjian@widomaker.com>
> > scribed into the ether:
> >

> >>Hmm... that makes me wonder what will happen with my NE Hunter who's been
> >>playing in short-people-land since level 3 (two dings on exploration
> >>experience).
> >
> > It's nowhere near enough to get Exalted with them. Gnomes/Dwarves don't
> > get
> > exalted with themselves by this method, why would a NE be any different?
>
> Drat. Should put me closer, though, if repeatable quests with Ironforge are
> ever created.

The next patch will introduce a repeatable faction gaining quest for every
race. It's pretty insane requirements though.

The quest is collecting cloth. You get one pass at each cloth type, then are
allowed to repeat the "Collect 20 Runecloth" portion. I forget how many
times you need to repeat it, but it's a *lot*.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:15:39 +0000 (UTC), John Gordon
<gordon@panix.com> wrote:

>In <1117121395.818987.292270@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> dharzhak@my-deja.com writes:
>
>> Yes, you need to be Exalted.
>
>Which, I've heard, is effectively impossible.

There was a thread on a Euro forum of a gnome getting a a night elf
tiger.

I was so jealous! So it IS possible, just bloody hard.

--
Gamertag: unclechibi
http://unclechibi.blogspot.com

On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:08:38 +0100, "Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> scribed into the
ether:

>How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own? I'm an orc
>but would like to have a raptor instead of a wolf. Has anyone managed it?

Likely impossible. It used to actually be impossible, but it may be doable
now, only with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amounts of faction work.

You need Exalted faction with the trolls. Exalted is 2 steps beyond
Honored. Duplicate all of the faction work it took you to get through
Honored, and you might...maybe...get 10-15% of the way through Revered with
it.

There simply aren't enough quests in the game to manage that feat. There is
the Un'Goro Soil quest in Thunder Bluff which is repeatable, and can raise
faction there, which by extension might raise other horde factions, but it
would take thousands of repetitions of this quest to achieve it.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:07:09 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:08:38 +0100, "Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> scribed into the
>ether:
>
>>How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own? I'm an orc
>>but would like to have a raptor instead of a wolf. Has anyone managed it?
>
>Likely impossible. It used to actually be impossible, but it may be doable
>now, only with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amounts of faction work.

If you trust http://www.wowwiki.com/Reputation then getting exalted
with Darkspear Trolls is impossible - there simply isn't any
repeatable reputation quests for them.

>You need Exalted faction with the trolls. Exalted is 2 steps beyond
>Honored. Duplicate all of the faction work it took you to get through
>Honored, and you might...maybe...get 10-15% of the way through Revered with
>it.

If you start from friendly you need 6000 reputation points to get to
honored, and to get to exhalted from there you need an extra 33000
points. You can see the different reputation levels in this chart
(snipped from the link above).

Level Points
Exalted 1000
Revered 21000
Honored 12000
Friendly 6000
Neutral 3000
Unfriendly 3000
Hostile 3000
Hated 36000

>There is
>the Un'Goro Soil quest in Thunder Bluff which is repeatable, and can raise
>faction there, which by extension might raise other horde factions, but it
>would take thousands of repetitions of this quest to achieve it.

That quest only gives Thunder Bluff reputation. 100 points as far as I
remember - though I only did it once, so perhaps the repetitions give
less? Plus, according to the page you get 100% reputation from quests
if they are green or better, but only 20% if they have become grey.

Pointless math excercise just for the heck of it: :)
Say that you are half way through honored (6000/12000), at that point
you need an additional 27000 points to make it to exhalted - that
means 270 repetitions of the quest if it is still above grey (1350 if
it has become grey). Each repetition requires 10 Morrowgrain, and when
I did it I got about 1 grain per 2 tries with the pouch (this is from
memory, and could be off, if you are herbalist you should get better
results too). The pouch is on a 10 minutes cooldown, and you need to
activate it about 270*10*2 = 3400 times, which amounts to 34000
minutes of cooldown. 34000 minutes = 23 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes.
Fortunately you can do anything while waiting for the cooldown to
finish, but you still won't be a kodo riding non-tauron anytime soon
unless you buy your Morrowgrain at the AH, or has some friends help
you with the grain growing. :|

>HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amounts of faction work.
Quoted for truth :)

Ps. If you install Reputation Mod
<http://www.wowwiki.com/Reputation_Mod> you will get much more
detailed info whenever you gain reputation, such as the exact amount
of points you get and with exactly which factions.

Pps. The repeatable reputation quest for Orgrimmar is Chen’s Empty Keg
which becomes grey at about level 45. I only tried to repeat it once -
it was grey at the time and I got 8 (eight!) faction points with
Orgrimmar... That amounts to 3375 repetitions to go from half-way
through honored to exhalted, 675 if you are below level 45.

Ppps. The Orgrimmar "escort a child round during orphans week"-quest
resulted in 500 points of faction with all four horde factions - I
really wished that that one had been repeatable :)

I have high hopes for that "hand in cloth"-quest they are
implementing, though - I want my undead priest on an epic wolf or
raptor after she hits 60 (skeletal horses are just too ugly :)

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

If there was one quest I wish you could repeat, it's one that gives you
a lvl 58 Yeti with 3 charges.

Regards,
Noal

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

"u" <u@mail.com> wrote in message news:d74r24$o5r$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> "Bob" <vvxc@zsdfd.com> wrote in message
>> How do I go about getting a mount from a race other than my own?
>

> Talk about a misleading Subject line.
>
> Xanex.....UndeadRogueazon, well first you have to get reaaaal drunk, then
> start stripping off your clothes and...

I was going to suggest an enlightened attitude and a meal in a nice
restaurant, but whatever works for you ... stick with it :D

-Fallout

On 27 May 2005 10:53:08 -0700, dharzhak@my-deja.com scribed into the ether:

>If there was one quest I wish you could repeat, it's one that gives you
>a lvl 58 Yeti with 3 charges.

I have that little yeti thing permenantly in the bank, because I don't want
to lose it, and don't want to expend the little yetis unnecesarily. There's
another quest like that in the plaguelands where you end up with some
special tea with high recovery.

I'd really prefer it if the reward from a quest like that took the form of
something with unlimited charges, and just a very long cooldown (like 5-7
days) to prevent abuse.