No POST, CPU restarts infinitely

CapeKid

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
This is my first ever build and I am at my wits end. I connected everything I believe I should have and tried a ton of different things and no matter what I do I get the same problem. The computer does not POST, the speaker does not beep and the computer restarts infinitely. First the CPU light blinks once, then the ram light, then the cpu light, then the ram light and it restarts. It looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxq4RtwtAsw&feature=youtu.be

I have made sure the cables are connected, see the following pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/Wd9oT

I also have the CPU fan plugged in, but forgot to take a picture of that

I have already RMA'ed the mother board (in an attempt to fix this issue) and had used the video card in a different computer. So I can be fairly sure both of those work. The power supply, RAM, and the CPU are new. However, I have tried each of the 4 sticks of RAM I have in the suggested slot according to my motherboard's instruction manual and the same problem keeps happening. I have also tried one stick in each of the four slots and the same problem keeps happening. I've tried flipping the speaker around (so the cables are connected in the opposite order and that didn't work). I've tried removing the video card entirely, moving it to each of the other slots, and only hooking up one PCIe 6 pin. All of those didn't work. I've tried all combinations of the EPU and TPU switches that came on the motherboard and that didn't work.

Every one of the fixes I attempt results in the same issue.

Components:
Asus P8z68 Deluxe Gen 3
Intel Core i7-3770 LGA1155
Radeon HD 6950
Antec Earthwatts 650W
Crucial 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CT51264BD160B

I don't have access to another computer to test these components in. Please tell me I am missing something dumb.

EDIT: FIXED! Bought a cheap intel celeron processor, used that to upgrade the BIOS. The original i7 works now. Thanks to everyone for their help.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
do you have coverage on you mobo if so get it replaced... that may be the problem and there is really no way to test it unless a new one is installed and tested if the problem stops

also try plugging you cpu fan plug into the SYS_FAN if that does not make it spin then you almost definetely have a bad mobo

CapeKid

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

I tried plugging it into the other fan spots, no change. I also really don't think it is a bad mobo, as this is my second new one with the exact same problem. The chance of getting 2 bad mobos in a row with the exact same issue seems really low. The chance of me being dumb and missing something seems higher. Or maybe a bad CPU, since that has never been replaced, but it is no longer under RMA (since I spent so much time RMAing the motherboard) and I would rather not buy another CPU.

CapeKid

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

The PSU was working in another computer. I don't have the HDD hooked up and my GPU was working in another computer as well, but it is possible I installed it incorrectly. If you could see the attached pictures, maybe I missed some power cord?