knievel101

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hi I have a samsung RV511 with a I3-380m processor and it doen't get the job done for gaming. Im looking to upgrade and I think i put a I7 in but im not sure. Im looking at i7 640M. I think that it will fit but im not sure if my board will handle it. I have Intel Mobile HM55, windows 7 home, 4gb ram, 1tb WD black HHD, and a few other little tweaks. I dont even know where to start to find info. Thanks for any info.

I would email samsung tech support. You'll probably need a better heatsink, and that could be a problem finding one even if the board will work with the 640m. None of the mobile cpus come with a heatsink; nearly every board is proprietary with connections and spacing. I don't recommend it.

knievel101

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for your input. The graphics are my main concern at this point that is why i wanted to upgrade to a i7 with gma 4000, but at this point i think I will give samsung a call and see what they say. I know heat will be an issue but I have access to a 3d CNC machine so i could make my own if I needed. If anyone else has any info please let me know. And thanks for the help.

rambisco

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

+1

I'm pretty sure the i7 wouldn't offer any advantage in gaming compared to the i3 if it's paired with an IGP.

TRENDING THREADS