Subtle input lag with my new PC build?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2012 10:26:05 PM

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU: i5 2310 2.9GHZ
GPU: GTX 550ti
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

I've been noticing a veeeery subtle amount of input lag with both the mouse, keyboard and the PS3 controller (using motioninjoy, but still stands), both in game and on the desktop. It's just enough to be noticeable, nothing more. Gaming is still playable, Tribes, MW3, BFBC2 all work well with these controls, but it's still pretty annoying. Is there any way to fix it? I've looked in my nvidia control panel, changed things around, made sure my GPU drivers are up to date, still having the issue.

Keep in mind this didn't happen on my old (weaker) Dell PC that I upgraded from, I'm also using a Dell monitor (DVI), mouse and keyboard, so no special drivers to tweak DPI and stuff.

I'm not sure if I just need to get used to it, if it's a genuine problem that needs to be fixed, or if I'm just going nuts :pt1cable: 

Anything I could do?

P.S: Excuse me if this is the wrong area to post in, but it sounds quite okay.

More about : subtle input lag build

a c 220 U Graphics card
May 14, 2012 11:01:43 PM

Are your USB drivers up to date? Also, are your devices connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports?
Score
May 14, 2012 11:09:13 PM

COLGeek said:
Are your USB drivers up to date? Also, are your devices connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports?
Both are connected to USB 2.0 (including the gamepad up front), and I'm not sure what you mean by USB drivers. Something to update with my motherboard, or do you mean my mouse/keyboard? Because my KB/M are just regular old dell products, therefore no real drivers.

Thank you
Score
Related resources
a c 220 U Graphics card
May 18, 2012 1:42:30 AM

The USB drivers is the software that allows your USB ports to operate efficiently/effectively with your operating system (keeping this very simple).

The current Gigabyte drivers for your mobo can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...

The Intel INF Installation file loads your USB 2.0 drivers and the Etron file your USB 3.0 drivers.
Score
May 20, 2012 12:49:07 PM

Bumping this. A week later I still have the issue.

Things i've tried:
-Reinstalling Windows 7.
-Turning off Aero and most of the Windows visual enhancements
-Disabled EIST (Intel SpeedStep), HPET and Intel Turbo Boost in the BIOS
-Installing all the compatible drivers (including the 301 beta) for my card
-Disabling V-Sync and scaling in the Nvidia control panel
-Tried an old logitech wired optical mouse from I'm guessing the early 2000s, still using the Windows drivers since it doesn't have any official drivers for it
-Installing the latest USB drivers as the person above me suggested

What else can I do? Keep in mind this monitor is great, I had no input lag at all with the same monitor, mouse and keyboard.

I'm not sure if it's the mobo, since I get the lag in both my front ports, keyboard hub port and the direct mobo connection

Thanks
Score
May 24, 2012 9:42:51 AM

Bumping again.

I went out and got a Razer Death Adder mouse, running it at max polling rate at 1800 DPI, and it seemed to have fixed it very nice, but i'd still like to know what the cause was? Dunno if it was the old mouse, because it seemed to have been working just fine.

I'd really just like to know what could have caused this at the root is all.

I have one of those WD Caviar Green drives, I heard that could cause something, but I highly doubt it

Thank you
Score

Best solution

a c 220 U Graphics card
May 24, 2012 3:14:38 PM

Probably not the WD HDD, could simply be an obscure issue with your original mouse. Glad you resolved. Good luck!
May 24, 2012 5:30:01 PM

Let's hope, thanks for the help :V
Score
May 24, 2012 5:30:07 PM

Best answer selected by silverwolf22.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
May 24, 2012 8:32:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!