Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading CPU component to a gaming type

Last response: in CPUs
November 17, 2012 2:37:28 PM

Hi all ! I would like to ask on behalf on my CPU as i would like to upgrade it to a smooth gaming pc but with a budget price.
but the thing is that it doesn't run smoothly like just 2 programs open and it started to lag a little and also some games example minecraft, it doesn't run smoothly at all even a 2D games like maplestory but i'm sure it wont go smoothly for FPS games too and i've have no idea on what i should upgrade it or change it. This is a rather a 2nd handed usage and i just got it from my uncle so i don't know much about its specs before i brought it back home. I would prefer to buy the parts that would go smooth and fast and could run on such games like L.O.L and other FPS games even a simple games too.

System:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Ram: 1.00GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system
Window 7 Ultimate.

Please Help me recommend me a product which you think is suitable for my type but i don't need it to be a perfect and powerful, but just a normal simple
product should do to boost my cpu to a good one.
a c 159 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 17, 2012 4:05:49 PM

What is your video card? Can you afford a new cpu/board/ram change? Finally need a firm budget and link a vender if you live in India, etc.
m
l
November 17, 2012 10:47:01 PM

Video card: Intel(R) 82945G express Chipset family. It depends whether the board or ram or etc requires changes then maybe i may slowly buying it. I live in singapore.
m
l
Related resources
a c 221 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 17, 2012 10:55:50 PM

YOU WILL need new CPU, RAM, motherboard and DEFINITELY a discreet graphics card.

You will probably need a new Power supply as well.

What Power supply do you have???

I would say if you are on an extreme budget. Start by getting an AMD HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics card and some DDR2 RAM 2GB(if you can find any).
m
l
November 18, 2012 1:24:40 AM

Hmm well for the power supply i can't know much as i'm not a entirely sure about what power supply i'm using. So the only thing i need to change is the graphics card and the ram then ??
m
l
a c 221 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2012 1:28:30 AM

NO! If you do not have a decent power supply it would be pointless, open your case and check the wattage.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 1:48:01 AM

I say you need to build a new rig. Sorry to say, but you really do. I would save up to buy a whole new rig all at once.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 1:52:33 AM

You can't upgrade that computer. It's just far too old. You need to save for a new computer.
m
l
!