Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need Expert to check

Last response: in Components
November 17, 2012 3:14:34 PM

Greeting people,
I just need expert to check on my build will it be compatible??

Motherboard
ASRock MB-970EX4 Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ AMD Quad CrossFireX& nVidia SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX)

Processor
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition / AM3 / 3.2Ghz / 125W

Graphic Card
Sapphire ATI HD7750 1GB DDR5 128bit PCI-E Graphic Card (4895106262270)

Hard Disk
WD Blue 500 GB SATA Hard Drives ( WD5000AAKX)

RAM
Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9) Black

Optical Drive
Samsung 22x SATA Desktop PC Internal DVD-RW Drive (SH-S222)

Power Supply
FSP HEXA Series 500W ATX Power Supply (HE-500)

Casing
AeroCool Strike-X One Advanced USB3 Gaming ATX CPU Casing

Processor Coole
Cooler Master IC Essential E1 Thermal Grease (RG-ICE1-TG15-R1)

CPU Cooler
Xigmatek Gaia Intel&AMD CPU Cooler

System Cooler
ENERMAX T.B.Silence (140mm)

Headset
Sonic Gear Headset Krypton (HS900) M.Tequila

Mouse & Keyboard
Logitech G100 Black Wired Combo Gaming Keyboard & Mouse (920-003387)

Monitor
Samsung 18.5' S19B150N LED Monitor (EAN:0201202231644)

Operating System
Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-Bit OEM Operating System

More about : expert check

a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 3:27:52 PM

Yes it will.

But ur PSU its not. Get another one.

XFX / Seasonic /Corsair

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 3:39:08 PM

Can't find any reviews on that power supply and I do not own it so I cannot testify if its good or bad but generally try to get a better power supply. Also without the Side panel fan your Case says it can only support CPU coolers up to 158mm in height, the Gaia is 159mm. You may have trouble closing the case because its only 1mm I would not worry unless the manufacturer meant 158mm is the maximum and 1mm would cause it not to close. I also assume you will be using the side panel fan so in that case no the CPU cooler will not fit.

Verify this is your computer case:
http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/strike-x/...

Also try these power supplies, pick whatever strikes your fancy:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Edit: If you are not planning to overclock or even crossfire there are better boards available that are cheaper. Been looking around and it seems FSP does seem to be a good brand so I guess you can stay with it....

Edit 2: Well after searching a bit, I find that FSP is actually a well known power supply brand and they do make great power supplies. Anyways I am sure you don't need that much wattage for that power supply. The Phenom uses 125, the HD 7750 uses about 55 wats so those two put you at 180 watts. Add all the small things like hard drive (15 watts), DVD drive (15-25 watts) and fans that use barely any watts and you see that 500 watts is kind of an overkill. I mean if you want to crossfire the HD 7750 then go for it but if not 350-450 watts will do fine with room for overclocking.
Related resources
November 17, 2012 3:42:34 PM

I also suggest Seasonic power supplies. There is a 520w modular version at newegg.com for 69 bucks. I own it and its a great psu for the money. Looks like a good build otherwise.
November 17, 2012 3:45:44 PM

prototype18 said:
Yes it will.

But ur PSU its not. Get another one.

XFX / Seasonic /Corsair

u mean my psu cant support it because of less power or it is not good??
im using sapphire 7750 which consume only 55 watts is it going to give a problem?
November 17, 2012 3:53:33 PM

Best answer selected by asyraf.
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 3:53:41 PM

Actually your power supply is mediocre, it is perfectly fine for running that build. In my opinion a bit too much wattage :lol: 
November 17, 2012 3:54:26 PM

socialfox said:
Can't find any reviews on that power supply and I do not own it so I cannot testify if its good or bad but generally try to get a better power supply. Also without the Side panel fan your Case says it can only support CPU coolers up to 158mm in height, the Gaia is 159mm. You may have trouble closing the case because its only 1mm I would not worry unless the manufacturer meant 158mm is the maximum and 1mm would cause it not to close. I also assume you will be using the side panel fan so in that case no the CPU cooler will not fit.

Verify this is your computer case:
http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/strike-x/...

Also try these power supplies, pick whatever strikes your fancy:

Edit: If you are not planning to overclock or even crossfire there are better boards available that are cheaper. Been looking around and it seems FSP does seem to be a good brand so I guess you can stay with it....

Edit 2: Well after searching a bit, I find that FSP is actually a well known power supply brand and they do make great power supplies. Anyways I am sure you don't need that much wattage for that power supply. The Phenom uses 125, the HD 7750 uses about 55 wats so those two put you at 180 watts. Add all the small things like hard drive (15 watts), DVD drive (15-25 watts) and fans that use barely any watts and you see that 500 watts is kind of an overkill. I mean if you want to crossfire the HD 7750 then go for it but if not 350-450 watts will do fine with room for overclocking.

Thanks alot really appreaciate it
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 3:55:28 PM

No problemo, are you using the side panel fan? If so I can help you find a better cooler that is compatible. I have the same dilemma in my computer case which is the same size in width as yours is. I can't fit any good air coolers since they are usually too tall and those that fit are 92mm and below. I went with closed water cooling loops which is quite expensive and offers performance equivalent to a decent air cooler. Size was my issue so I went with the Kuhler 620 which is equal to the Hyper 212 plus. Anyways if you don't plan on overclocking too much or keeping it stock the Cooler Master Hyper TX-3 EVO does fine.
November 17, 2012 3:56:35 PM

socialfox said:
Actually your power supply is mediocre, it is perfectly fine for running that build. In my opinion a bit too much wattage :lol: 

Yes is abit wattage....AMD might claim 400W needed, but that is a vain attempt to counter all the liar-labeled junk out there, therefore just to be on the safe side that is why I settle for 500 watts..
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 4:00:48 PM

Seems reasonable, how much are you paying for the power supply? We can lower the wattage and get you a real good power supply (that is high quality and supplies the labelled wattage) with good efficiency, it will save you $ on your electricity bills.
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 4:50:37 PM

FSP make psu's for many others. they are generally OK.
!