Progression from lvl 37

Hi,

I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.

The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.

There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
40.

Mount - 90g
Train in Expert Mining - 5g
Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not cheap.
Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are still from
Duskwood days).

Need money fast. :(

Any advice on the best grinding spot? Prefer there to be Mithril nodes
in the area.
25 answers Last reply
More about progression

    Thx for the advice.

    I have only done deadmines so a few questions regarding Scarlet
    Monastry.

    Where is it?

    Where do you pick up the quests for it?

    What lvl are the monsters in it?

    And lastly how long would it take to go through? Time is precious. Need
    to live in real world now and again. Mores the pity.

    3g ouchies! Well If I were in your position I would head down to STV and
    grind off pretty much anything in the jungle you can find until you hit 38.
    At this point I suggest you do mutiple Scarlet Monistary runs. I would
    continue to do scarlet runs until at least 39, for a few reasons. It's good
    exp firstly, good coin drops, and you will probably get some good blue mail
    armor drops and other goodies which will save you money later. Not to
    mention the awesome quest rewards. Same thing, once you hit 39 you can do
    Razon Fen Downs, where you can make even more money and get good item drops.
    If your going to grind I suggest finding a good spaced out area with a chest
    pop (shouldn't be too hard your a dwarf), I've found many blues, even seen
    epics in chests already, if you can't use it you can always sell it on the
    AH and contribute it to your Ram fund! Good Luck

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    > 40.
    >
    > Mount - 90g
    > Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    > Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    > Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    > Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    > Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not cheap.
    > Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are still from
    > Duskwood days).
    >
    > Need money fast. :(
    >
    > Any advice on the best grinding spot? Prefer there to be Mithril nodes
    > in the area.

    Theres a few sites that have good walkthroughs for SM heres a decent one

    http://www.koaworld.com/html/wow/locations.php?l=scarlet_monastery

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    > 40.
    >
    > Mount - 90g
    > Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    > Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    > Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    > Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    > Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not cheap.
    > Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are still from
    > Duskwood days).
    >
    > Need money fast. :(
    >
    > Any advice on the best grinding spot? Prefer there to be Mithril nodes
    > in the area.

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I
    > reach
    > 40.
    >
    > Mount - 90g
    > Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    > Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    > Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    > Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    > Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not
    > cheap. Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are
    > still from Duskwood days).
    >
    > Need money fast. :(
    >
    > Any advice on the best grinding spot? Prefer there to be Mithril nodes
    > in the area.

    Empty yer bags and get grinding. Can't tell you where the best places are
    for mithril but any busy area will do ya.

    http://www.kaldorei.com/worldmap/

    *lvl 35-40: Venture Co. Geologists in Venture Co. Base camp in Stranglethorn
    Vale. Lotsa casters, big area. Sometimes a bit too crowded. Visit Grom'gol
    for mainteinance.*

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote:

    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    > 40.

    If you play on a PvE server: Get yourself to scarlet monastery. Don't
    do anything else. When you follow this advice, you'll have 70 or more g
    and half your mail equipment when you hit 40.

    If it's a PvP server: Well... good luck going to SM :-) Should be no
    big problem, except half of the horde population between 35 and 40 is
    there :o)

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    Chizel loved her ferret enough to say...
    > Thx for the advice.
    >
    > I have only done deadmines so a few questions regarding Scarlet
    > Monastry.
    >
    > Where is it?

    Trisfal glades, north of the undercity.

    > Where do you pick up the quests for it?

    No idea on the alliance side, sorry.

    > What lvl are the monsters in it?

    From 33-42 IIRC

    > And lastly how long would it take to go through? Time is precious. Need
    > to live in real world now and again. Mores the pity.

    SM is excellent in this respect, it's actually 4 smaller instances
    connected by a central area. You can decide to do every instance at
    once if you want to, but you can do a single instance on it's own.
    Depending on your group and level, the instances can take between
    30mins to an hour or so.

    With respect to time, your problem will be getting a group together and
    the travel time from the alliance areas...

    --
    Trooper
    usenet@trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid (remove the obvious)

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote:

    > Where is it?

    Tirisfal Glades, north east of UC. Therefore it's a bit
    dangerous for you if you play alliance.

    > Where do you pick up the quests for it?

    Sorry, no idea. Check thottbot.com if noone else can help you.

    > What lvl are the monsters in it?

    Depends (see next answer).

    > And lastly how long would it take to go through? Time is precious. Need
    > to live in real world now and again. Mores the pity.

    There are 4 instances. The level ranges are +/- 1, I'm not that sure
    anymore :o)
    1.) Graveyard. Elites of about 32-34, lots of non-elites. Even the
    non-elites usually drop 3-5s. This instance is very good to
    farm, that means you enter it with an appropriate team and stay
    in there killing the respawns until you're sick of it.
    There are usually 2 chests, one is usually locked.
    The boss usually drops an orb (ofhand item) with bonus for healing
    and damage spells.

    It's the left entrance (you'll know what I mean when you're there).

    2.) Library. Elites of 34-36. No non elites. The boss drops a very
    nice staff or a very nice dagger.
    There are usually 2 chests, one is usually locked.
    At the end of the instance, you find the key for the later 2
    instances.

    It's the right entrance.

    3.) Armory. Elites 35-38. The boss (Herod) drops lots of nice mail
    items and a very cool looking axe (the ravager). There are usually
    2 chests, one is usually locked.

    It's the right locked entrance.

    4.) Cathedral. Elites 36-40. Nice mace, shield and amulet boss
    drops. I don't know about chests there.

    It's the left locked entrance.

    The bosses are 2 levels higher than the normal elites IIRC.

    Ok that's it. Hrm... time? If you have a team of 5 toons of appropriate
    level (33/36/38/40), the actual instance runs are doable under 1h. Cath
    will probably take 10 or 15 more minutes.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On 26 May 2005 04:49:01 -0700, "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> scribed into
    the ether:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    >The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    >There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    >40.
    >
    >Mount - 90g
    >Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    >Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    >Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    >Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    >Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not cheap.
    >Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are still from
    >Duskwood days).
    >
    >Need money fast. :(

    You want to raise something in the area of 150 gold in 3 levels?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, oh my.

    Short story: You're screwed. Completely.

    Long Story: I saved every copper from level 1, I never used the wind rider
    when I could walk instead, I never bought anything in the AH, I sold a lot
    in the AH, I looted everything I possibly could...the works...

    Level 40, I got my mount, 3 or 4 of the dozen-ish important level 40 hunter
    abilities, and a half quiver of the improved arrow type, and I had 8 copper
    left over. I had the advntage that this was before tradeskill upgrades cost
    money, but I also could get no mail whatsoever (I don't think I actually
    found a piece of mail worth wearing until 43, and there was quite simply
    nobody from which to buy any in the AH).

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,

    I would not expect mount money at 40 if I were you. Obtaining 87g in 3 lvls
    is not doable at your level unless you come across alot of blue drops which
    are rare.
    Have you tried begging? Apparently it works for some people!
    Seriously, I know someone who was short of cash at 38, he grouped with
    people was very kind and asked for help to get his mount. After doing this
    each time he got his mount money very fast.

    Chizel <cgm@firstoption.com> stared blankly into space for a short
    while before writing:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I
    > reach
    > 40.
    >
    > Mount - 90g
    > Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    > Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    > Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    > Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    > Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not
    > cheap. Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are
    > still from Duskwood days).

    I don't understand why your equipment is from your mid-twenties and you
    only have 3g? I spent all my gold to upgrade my gear at lvl 36, and
    still had my mount money and about 20g more at lvl 39.

    You have possibly the most lucrative gathering skills in the game, get
    out there and *dig*!

    --
    Doc
    Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...

    "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    > Long Story: I saved every copper from level 1, I never used the wind rider
    > when I could walk instead, I never bought anything in the AH, I sold a lot
    > in the AH, I looted everything I possibly could...the works...

    I always used the windrider (I hope you're aware that if you spend the time
    you saved by using the windrider in killing stuff, you'll actually gain
    money?), I bought stuff in the AH until I was broke, I bought all the
    spells.

    I stopped spending cash in the AH at 36, and I bought only 2 new spells every
    2 levels. I had 82g the moment I hit 40. Question is: What did you do wrong?

    > Level 40, I got my mount, 3 or 4 of the dozen-ish important level 40 hunter
    > abilities, and a half quiver of the improved arrow type, and I had 8 copper
    > left over.

    You saved every copper and had only 8c after buying all the 40s stuff?
    That's a nice one :o)

    Chris

    --

    Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
    space for a short while before writing:

    >> Need money fast. :(
    >
    > You want to raise something in the area of 150 gold in 3 levels?
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, oh my.
    >
    > Short story: You're screwed. Completely.
    >
    > Long Story: I saved every copper from level 1, I never used the
    > wind rider when I could walk instead, I never bought anything in
    > the AH, I sold a lot in the AH, I looted everything I possibly
    > could...the works...
    >
    > Level 40, I got my mount, 3 or 4 of the dozen-ish important level
    > 40 hunter abilities, and a half quiver of the improved arrow type,
    > and I had 8 copper left over. I had the advntage that this was
    > before tradeskill upgrades cost money, but I also could get no mail
    > whatsoever (I don't think I actually found a piece of mail worth
    > wearing until 43, and there was quite simply nobody from which to
    > buy any in the AH).

    You obviously aren't a miner. Mining is a license to make money.

    --
    Doc

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:46:50 +1000, "Doc"
    <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> stared blankly into
    >space for a short while before writing:
    >>>
    >>> Need money fast. :(
    >>
    >> You want to raise something in the area of 150 gold in 3 levels?
    >>
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, oh my.
    >>
    >> Short story: You're screwed. Completely.
    >>
    >> Long Story: I saved every copper from level 1, I never used the
    >> wind rider when I could walk instead, I never bought anything in
    >> the AH, I sold a lot in the AH, I looted everything I possibly
    >> could...the works...
    >>
    >> Level 40, I got my mount, 3 or 4 of the dozen-ish important level
    >> 40 hunter abilities, and a half quiver of the improved arrow type,
    >> and I had 8 copper left over. I had the advntage that this was
    >> before tradeskill upgrades cost money, but I also could get no mail
    >> whatsoever (I don't think I actually found a piece of mail worth
    >> wearing until 43, and there was quite simply nobody from which to
    >> buy any in the AH).
    >
    >You obviously aren't a miner. Mining is a license to make money.

    Even if I was, it wouldn't be. When I hit 40, there were 3 other people in
    the low 40s ahead of me. The next highest character on the server was 32.

    There was nobody to buy from, and nobody to sell to. I made a killing
    selling leatherworking shoulderpads early on, as I was the only person
    (horde side at least) on the entire server capable of making them, and
    filling an empty slot is always a high priority. But that only lasted a
    short while.

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >
    > The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >
    > There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    > 40.
    >
    > Mount - 90g
    > Train in Expert Mining - 5g
    > Train in Expert Engineering - 5g
    > Train in Expert First Aid - 5g (I Think it costs this much)
    > Re-new membership with Gnome Engineering - 2g
    > Learn all skills for me and my pet. Not sure of the cost but not cheap.
    > Buy full set of Mail Armour + New Weapons (My weapons are still from
    > Duskwood days).
    >
    > Need money fast. :(
    >
    > Any advice on the best grinding spot? Prefer there to be Mithril nodes
    > in the area.

    Badlands

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31:21 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Long Story: I saved every copper from level 1, I never used the wind rider
    >> when I could walk instead, I never bought anything in the AH, I sold a lot
    >> in the AH, I looted everything I possibly could...the works...
    >
    >I always used the windrider (I hope you're aware that if you spend the time
    >you saved by using the windrider in killing stuff, you'll actually gain
    >money?),

    Not when you kill stuff on the way, which I did, prodigiously for skins and
    such.

    > I bought stuff in the AH until I was broke, I bought all the
    >spells.

    I also skipped a number of the more useless abilities, like Track Hidden.

    >I stopped spending cash in the AH at 36, and I bought only 2 new spells every
    >2 levels. I had 82g the moment I hit 40. Question is: What did you do wrong?

    Nothing. There was no economy for me to do "right" in. My instance
    performing went Wailing Caverns, and then skip several weeks, and then
    Zul'Farrak/Uldaman.

    It was also bad at 60. I was #5 to get there on the server, which put me
    farming the 8 or so named rare spawns in east plaguelands for over 2 weeks
    before I had any competition. Going there twice a day, I scored many, many,
    many...MANY greens, and a couple of those blue katana-ish 2H swords. That
    in itself wasn't so bad, but so little of what dropped was actually useful
    to me, and so I ended up muleing it out to a storage character until the
    rest of the server caught up to be able to wear anything that I had gotten.
    How long did it take before I was able to sell the last of it off? 2 and a
    half months. That's how long it took for more than about 20 people to break
    level 50. This is the woe of being Horde on a low pop server (although it
    has since gone to medium pop). The first time the Horde set foot in BRD,
    there were more alliance 60s than there were Horde 45-60s.

    >> Level 40, I got my mount, 3 or 4 of the dozen-ish important level 40 hunter
    >> abilities, and a half quiver of the improved arrow type, and I had 8 copper
    >> left over.
    >
    >You saved every copper and had only 8c after buying all the 40s stuff?
    >That's a nice one :o)

    You misread...I didn't get all the 40s stuff. Level 40 is a *huge* level
    for Hunters. In addition to the mount (which is the same for everyone, so
    certainly not a hunter thing), there is also:

    1) Upgraded pet taunt
    2) Upgrade to Hunter's Mark
    3) Aspect of the Pack (group runspeed increase, nice for instances)
    4) Upgrade to Freeze Trap
    5) Upgrade to Raptor Strike
    6) Upgrade to Distracting Shot (for me, this one was very low priority)
    7) New ranged ability: Volley
    8) Mail Armor
    9) New Tracking: Giants
    and 10) Upgraded DPS ammunition

    I was barely able to afford any of that after the mount, and was only able
    to get 8/16 of the new stacks of ammo. Fortunately, dropped monetary income
    increases substantially post-40, and I was able to round out all of those
    purchases before I hit 41.

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31:21 +0200, Christian Stauffer wrote:

    > I stopped spending cash in the AH at 36, and I bought only 2 new spells every
    > 2 levels. I had 82g the moment I hit 40. Question is: What did you do wrong?

    Nothing, he was just one of the first few high level characters on his
    server, which means the economy was very week at hat point in time. Costs
    for skills were relatively higher (1G on a new server isn't the same as 1G
    on an established server), and "stuff" didn't sell as well as it does now.
    I have made the exact same experience on my server, and even though I had
    my normal mount at 40, and my epic mount at 60 (now, that's a longer
    story), I feel that a player today has a much easier time to accumulate
    money in sub-40 levels. (I mean, heck, you can sell twenty copper bars for
    80s or more!)

    M.
    --
    ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
    http://www.clamwin.com/

    "Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31:21 +0200, Christian Stauffer wrote:
    >
    >> I stopped spending cash in the AH at 36, and I bought only 2 new spells every
    >> 2 levels. I had 82g the moment I hit 40. Question is: What did you do wrong?
    >
    > Nothing, he was just one of the first few high level characters on his
    > server, which means the economy was very week at hat point in time.

    I've read it just after sending my post :-( Ok, if there's noone who
    has the cash to buy the greens/blues you find, your income is slightly
    screwed...

    But not using the windrider is still not a very smart thing, and to farm
    90g in 3 levels is far from impossible (on a "grown up" server).

    Chris

    --

    Vladesch schrieb:
    >>I have a Dwarf Hunter who has just reached lvl 37.
    >>
    >>The big lvl 40 is approaching fast. However I only have about 3g.
    >>
    >>There is quite a big shopping list that I will need to get once I reach
    >>40.

    you don´t need to convert to Mail Armour + New Weapons immediately.
    I´m playing on a high populated Server EU-Blackrock with more than
    one character and at the time my main character hit 40, I pulled all
    available money together to that account and it was 90G, 88S.

    Expert First Aid (150+) is a book that you can buy somewhere for
    1G or in the AH for 1.35-1.80. Expert First Aid (225+) is a quest in
    Hammerfall.

    You do not need the Expert Mining for 5G immediately, it is not a
    big advantage for you. I don´t know about Expert engineering and the
    Membership.

    Forget all the skills that you could learn at the trainer for you
    and your pet, you can make them later. Get the horse and you will
    be able to ride to Razorfen, Monastery or any other quest faster.

    Make quests with groups, you´ll gain XP and some money and could
    use the dropped items for yourself or take them to the AH. Check
    what the NPC would give you, then add only 10-20% over it, so you´ll
    sell them for sure fast in the AH.

    "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:31:21 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    > <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>I always used the windrider (I hope you're aware that if you spend the time
    >>you saved by using the windrider in killing stuff, you'll actually gain
    >>money?),
    >
    > Not when you kill stuff on the way, which I did, prodigiously for skins and
    > such.

    Sure you do, because the mobs in your target area usually drop better
    stuff then the ones along your way. Let's say you're level 40 and want to
    go to feralas to farm bears and wolfes. Skinning the level 10-15 mobs on
    the way from orgrimmar to XR will probably bring you as much money as
    killing 2 or 3 mobs in Feralas.

    > I also skipped a number of the more useless abilities, like Track Hidden.
    >
    >>I stopped spending cash in the AH at 36, and I bought only 2 new spells every
    >>2 levels. I had 82g the moment I hit 40. Question is: What did you do wrong?
    >
    > Nothing. There was no economy for me to do "right" in. My instance
    > performing went Wailing Caverns, and then skip several weeks, and then
    > Zul'Farrak/Uldaman.

    Yes, I got it :-) Sorry.

    > 3) Aspect of the Pack (group runspeed increase, nice for instances)

    Especially nice to get the hell out of SM before or while the mobs
    respawn :o)

    > I was barely able to afford any of that after the mount, and was only able
    > to get 8/16 of the new stacks of ammo.

    I see.

    Chris... but it still makes no sense not to take the windrider. I AM RIGHT
    AND YOU ARE WRONG! ;)

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:07:43 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    > <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>> 3) Aspect of the Pack (group runspeed increase, nice for instances)
    >>
    >>Especially nice to get the hell out of SM before or while the mobs
    >>respawn :o)
    >
    > Never an issue in SM. Very helpful in Atal'Hakkar though.
    >
    > SM seems to behave wierdly. I never noticed any respawn unless the party
    > wiped, in which case the whole place reset completely, instantly. The first
    > time I beat that place was with myself at 50ish, and with a low-40s
    > Warlock/Shaman. All of us had fairly poor gear (no access to previous
    > instances and their nice collections of blues) and no advanced spoilers to
    > the place, so we tended to die, a lot :)

    The SM mobs respawn after a certain time. I've never encountered anything
    that proves this sentence wrong, and I didn't do much else than SM between
    35 and 42. They do not automatically spawn after a whipe, I had some bad
    party experiences where we wiped after the 1st or second group for mobs.
    I had some very fast runs through armory where we were able to get out
    before the respawns happened, but usually the 1st part of the armory is
    full of mobs when I return, no matter whether we wiped or not.
    And I had the pleasure to stand in a lot of mobs just while they respawned.
    It's funny to fight 3 groups of 3 or 4 elites in a row with only three
    persons :-)

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (45) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:35:26 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:07:43 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    >> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >>>Especially nice to get the hell out of SM before or while the mobs
    >>>respawn :o)
    >>
    >> Never an issue in SM. Very helpful in Atal'Hakkar though.
    >>
    >> SM seems to behave wierdly. I never noticed any respawn unless the party
    >> wiped, in which case the whole place reset completely, instantly. The first
    >> time I beat that place was with myself at 50ish, and with a low-40s
    >> Warlock/Shaman. All of us had fairly poor gear (no access to previous
    >> instances and their nice collections of blues) and no advanced spoilers to
    >> the place, so we tended to die, a lot :)
    >
    >The SM mobs respawn after a certain time. I've never encountered anything
    >that proves this sentence wrong, and I didn't do much else than SM between
    >35 and 42. They do not automatically spawn after a whipe, I had some bad
    >party experiences where we wiped after the 1st or second group for mobs.

    Strange. Not my experience at all. I've always found that the place was
    very very slow to respawn, unless everyone died, in which case it popped
    back up immediately. Didn't seem to matter how far along we were. The worst
    was going to Herod for the first time. We had to clear that whole hallway
    like 6 times because some runner would get away, or a roamer would come at
    a bad time, or we didn't know that setting off fireworks would aggro a
    nearby group, etc...every time we died, no matter how far in we were, no
    matter how quick it was, the entire wing was completely repopulated when we
    got back.

    "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    > Strange. Not my experience at all. I've always found that the place was
    > very very slow to respawn, unless everyone died, in which case it popped
    > back up immediately. Didn't seem to matter how far along we were. The worst
    > was going to Herod for the first time. We had to clear that whole hallway
    > like 6 times because some runner would get away, or a roamer would come at
    > a bad time, or we didn't know that setting off fireworks would aggro a
    > nearby group, etc...every time we died, no matter how far in we were, no
    > matter how quick it was, the entire wing was completely repopulated when we
    > got back.

    Hm.... When you wipe somewhere in the 2nd part of the armory, it's quite
    likely that the ones in the 1st part already respawned. And until you fought
    your way back to the 2nd part, they respawned too.
    However, maybe it's different on your server or something, but in over 10
    runs through the armory (lots of shaman + warrior friends :-) everything
    pointed me to the fact that they respawn after a certain time. As I wrote
    before, we even managed to be in a room where they respawned, and while we
    fought them we saw how others in the "next room" (which was the previous
    room, because we were on the way back) spawned and attacked us...

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (46) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:20:07 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Strange. Not my experience at all. I've always found that the place was
    >> very very slow to respawn, unless everyone died, in which case it popped
    >> back up immediately. Didn't seem to matter how far along we were. The worst
    >> was going to Herod for the first time. We had to clear that whole hallway
    >> like 6 times because some runner would get away, or a roamer would come at
    >> a bad time, or we didn't know that setting off fireworks would aggro a
    >> nearby group, etc...every time we died, no matter how far in we were, no
    >> matter how quick it was, the entire wing was completely repopulated when we
    >> got back.
    >
    >Hm.... When you wipe somewhere in the 2nd part of the armory, it's quite
    >likely that the ones in the 1st part already respawned. And until you fought
    >your way back to the 2nd part, they respawned too.

    No, this was 6 consecutive trips to Herod's wing. We'd already cleared the
    other 3.

    Matt Frisch loved her ferret enough to say...
    > On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:20:07 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    > <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:
    >
    > >"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Strange. Not my experience at all. I've always found that the place was
    > >> very very slow to respawn, unless everyone died, in which case it popped
    > >> back up immediately. Didn't seem to matter how far along we were. The worst
    > >> was going to Herod for the first time. We had to clear that whole hallway
    > >> like 6 times because some runner would get away, or a roamer would come at
    > >> a bad time, or we didn't know that setting off fireworks would aggro a
    > >> nearby group, etc...every time we died, no matter how far in we were, no
    > >> matter how quick it was, the entire wing was completely repopulated when we
    > >> got back.
    > >
    > >Hm.... When you wipe somewhere in the 2nd part of the armory, it's quite
    > >likely that the ones in the 1st part already respawned. And until you fought
    > >your way back to the 2nd part, they respawned too.
    >
    > No, this was 6 consecutive trips to Herod's wing. We'd already cleared the
    > other 3.

    The 4 instances aren't linked in any way as far as i can tell.
    Christian was talking about the first part of Herod's wing (armoury)
    respawning while you are going through.
    This has been my experience also, when you have killed Herod and run
    back to the entrance, the mobs from the courtyard and back (and
    sometimes a little bit later than that, depending on your group) have
    respawned.

    --
    Trooper
    usenet@trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid (remove the obvious)

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:56:18 +0100, Trooper <news@trooperlooper.co.uk>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Matt Frisch loved her ferret enough to say...
    >> On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:20:07 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    >> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >> >Hm.... When you wipe somewhere in the 2nd part of the armory, it's quite
    >> >likely that the ones in the 1st part already respawned. And until you fought
    >> >your way back to the 2nd part, they respawned too.
    >>
    >> No, this was 6 consecutive trips to Herod's wing. We'd already cleared the
    >> other 3.
    >>

    >The 4 instances aren't linked in any way as far as i can tell.

    It's actually quite easy to tell. Go into one wing, and loot one of static
    spawning (ie: there every time) chests. Then go raid another wing(s)
    ....hell, spend 5-6 hours at it, and then go back and look for the looted
    chest. It won't be there.

    >Christian was talking about the first part of Herod's wing (armoury)
    >respawning while you are going through.
    >This has been my experience also, when you have killed Herod and run
    >back to the entrance, the mobs from the courtyard and back (and
    >sometimes a little bit later than that, depending on your group) have
    >respawned.

    Mobs will *also* respawn after a certain period of time, but I've seen
    conclusively that they will respawn upon a party wipe.

Warcraft Games Video Games