Sign in with
Your question

Can someone help me build my first gaming rig?

Last response: in Systems
July 8, 2012 2:25:20 AM

i have no clue on what to do my budget is 800$ but to be honest i do not want to go over 700$.

i was hoping to incorporate a hd 7770 into the build sense to me it seems to be the balance between power and budget,

i3 i5 or fx cpu

More about : build gaming rig

a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2012 2:43:59 AM

If you're on a budget such as this...i wouldn't even look towards an intel cpu...

let's try something like this...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bB2F

The fx8150 is pretty powerful CPU. It isn't too bad of a processor. It gets *** done :)  The hd 6870 is also a fairly strong GPU....as is the rest of the build. You're more than welcome to change things up as you see fit. Keep in mind, prices vary from day to day.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2012 3:21:54 AM

Is that AUD, CAD or USD?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2012 10:34:25 PM

unksol said:
please follow the instructions in the sticky to help us help you.
www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

there's also lots of good general info here
www.tomshardware.com/forum/288241-31-buyer-guides-troub...

The fx8xxxs are horrible choices for a gaming PC on a budget.

the basic build is an i5, z77 board, 8 gigs of ram and a 7850. but need the info from the form. may or may not be able to squeeze that at 7-800

I highly doubt he's going to be able to fit an intel cpu in a budget such as his...especially an ivy bridge based build. However, he may be able to shoot for a sandy bridge build. the i5 2500k would be a much better choice than the fx processors. If I were him, I'd save the cash and wait for price drops to get an i5 processor and a bit better gpu.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2012 10:37:47 PM

The IVB i5-3570k is only $10 more and the MOBO is cheaper.. How can he not fit one in for $800?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 9, 2012 1:04:44 AM

azeem40 said:
The IVB i5-3570k is only $10 more and the MOBO is cheaper.. How can he not fit one in for $800?

In that case, go for it lol. From what I've seen, the 3570k is usually $20-30 more. No need to spend that extra cash if you're not going to be taking advantage of the pci 3.0. And from the looks of his budget, I don't believe he's going to be able to afford a card that supports it. I'm just trying to give the guy options. He could even go for an amd phenom II processor and put the extra cash towards a better gpu and adequate cooling. Most games don't particularly rely on CPU power. A quad core phenom II or better would more than serve his needs. He also mentioned that he'd rather not go over $700. Just trying to fit his needs and desires. :) 
m
l
!