Can someone help me build my first gaming rig?

saddler164

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
i have no clue on what to do my budget is 800$ but to be honest i do not want to go over 700$.

i was hoping to incorporate a hd 7770 into the build sense to me it seems to be the balance between power and budget,

i3 i5 or fx cpu

DeusAres

Distinguished
If you're on a budget such as this...i wouldn't even look towards an intel cpu...

let's try something like this...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bB2F

The fx8150 is pretty powerful CPU. It isn't too bad of a processor. It gets *** done :) The hd 6870 is also a fairly strong GPU....as is the rest of the build. You're more than welcome to change things up as you see fit. Keep in mind, prices vary from day to day.

please follow the instructions in the sticky to help us help you.
www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

there's also lots of good general info here
www.tomshardware.com/forum/288241-31-buyer-guides-troubleshooting-tips

The fx8xxxs are horrible choices for a gaming PC on a budget.

the basic build is an i5, z77 board, 8 gigs of ram and a 7850. but need the info from the form. may or may not be able to squeeze that at 7-800

DeusAres

Distinguished

I highly doubt he's going to be able to fit an intel cpu in a budget such as his...especially an ivy bridge based build. However, he may be able to shoot for a sandy bridge build. the i5 2500k would be a much better choice than the fx processors. If I were him, I'd save the cash and wait for price drops to get an i5 processor and a bit better gpu.

DeusAres

Distinguished

In that case, go for it lol. From what I've seen, the 3570k is usually $20-30 more. No need to spend that extra cash if you're not going to be taking advantage of the pci 3.0. And from the looks of his budget, I don't believe he's going to be able to afford a card that supports it. I'm just trying to give the guy options. He could even go for an amd phenom II processor and put the extra cash towards a better gpu and adequate cooling. Most games don't particularly rely on CPU power. A quad core phenom II or better would more than serve his needs. He also mentioned that he'd rather not go over $700. Just trying to fit his needs and desires. :)