pink background on screen

March 13, 2005 2:45:03 PM

was sent a download for smiley central and now my background screen is pink,
dont know how i did it and dont know how to reverse it , hurts my eyes, dont
know if it is from screensaver , i am new to computers, help..

More about : pink background screen

March 13, 2005 8:02:08 PM

Ditch Smiley Central it's full of spyware, then do a check for malware
using, for example, Adaware SE, CWShredder, Spybot Search and Destroy,
SpywareBlaster (all free) then do a virus scan. Try also system restore to
before you got it (after getting rid of the spyware).

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"sivex" <sivex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> was sent a download for smiley central and now my background screen is
> pink,
> dont know how i did it and dont know how to reverse it , hurts my eyes,
> dont
> know if it is from screensaver , i am new to computers, help..
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:02:09 PM

uninstalled smiley and did a spysweep still have a pink background found one
spyware and removed it i was in screensaver on smiley just checking it out i
never heard of it before and the screen went pink in the background so in
turn all of my regular colors everywhere are orange and brown and weird colors

"Peter" wrote:

> Ditch Smiley Central it's full of spyware, then do a check for malware
> using, for example, Adaware SE, CWShredder, Spybot Search and Destroy,
> SpywareBlaster (all free) then do a virus scan. Try also system restore to
> before you got it (after getting rid of the spyware).
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> XP Home SP2.
> P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
> "sivex" <sivex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > was sent a download for smiley central and now my background screen is
> > pink,
> > dont know how i did it and dont know how to reverse it , hurts my eyes,
> > dont
> > know if it is from screensaver , i am new to computers, help..

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 13, 2005 11:17:33 PM

Just do a search for smiley anywhere in your PC and delete anything you
find.

--
> uninstalled smiley and did a spysweep still have a pink background found
> one
> spyware and removed it i was in screensaver on smiley just checking it out
> never heard of it before and the screen went pink in the background so in
> turn all of my regular colors everywhere are orange and brown and weird
> colors
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Ditch Smiley Central it's full of spyware, then do a check for malware
>> using, for example, Adaware SE, CWShredder, Spybot Search and Destroy,
>> SpywareBlaster (all free) then do a virus scan. Try also system restore
>> before you got it (after getting rid of the spyware).
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> XP Home SP2.
>> P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
>> "sivex" <sivex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > was sent a download for smiley central and now my background screen is
>> > pink,
>> > dont know how i did it and dont know how to reverse it , hurts my eyes,
>> > dont
>> > know if it is from screensaver , i am new to computers, help..

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:23:55 AM

sivex wrote:
> was sent a download for smiley central and now my background screen
> is pink, dont know how i did it and dont know how to reverse it ,
> hurts my eyes, dont know if it is from screensaver , i am new to
> computers, help..

That's irrelevant - either your graphics card/chip is faulty or your monitor
is. The fact it happened at the same time is pure conincidence. Spyware (at
least none I've heard of or come across) won't make your monitor's colours
look odd.

1) Begin by degaussing the monitor. For instructions on how to do this,
read the manual that came with your system or monitor.

2) If that doesn't help, check the settings for your graphics chip or
card. Again, see the manual to learn how to do this.

3) Check the monitor on another system. If it looks OK, then the
card/chip is at fault. You need to replace the faulty card with a new one,
or switch off the on-board graphics and replace with a graphics card.

4) If the monitor still looks funny on another system with a known
working card/chip, then it's time to replace the monitor. This could be less
costly, the same or more costly depending on the type of monitor you go for
and its specifications.

Suggest you begin by replacing your graphics card with a known working one
and go from there.