Help please, ASRock mobo, lack of video outputs

northcountryinmt

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I have a ASRock P67 Pro 3 motherboard, Owners manual here:
ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/qig/P67%20Pro3_multiQIG.pdf

On page 2 is the layout of motherboard, when putting together my system I failed to realize there wouldn't be VGA, HDMI, or DVI output, only realized this after getting the system together, I am prepared to purchase a video card but would like to get this up and running before it arrives. Is there any way of using a USB out to a HDMI so I can connect it to tv at least?

When desktop computers don't have video cards what does the VGA plug in those computers connect to? Straight to the motherboard i assume, and if so can I purchase one of those plugs. My CPU has integrated graphics.

Can someone point me to a work around here?

firo40

Splendid
The only way to set that up would be to have video from the motherboard before hand which you cant do.If your not much into gaming id recommend getting the HD5670. Its really cheap like 50$ but surprisingly powerfull its able to play bf3 at 1600x900 at high with high framerate.

erunion

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

Your CPU does have integrated graphics but the P67 boards do not support it, that's why they have no video out. You must use a PCI-E graphics card.

Other Intel boards would support your CPUs integrated graphics, eg H67, Z68, H77, Z77,.

northcountryinmt

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011