Sign in with
Your question

How good is my pc? How will it fair for modern games?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 8, 2012 3:31:36 AM

Hello,
Here are my pc specifications.
*AMD Phenom 2.20ghz 9500 x4 quad core processor
*6gb RAM
*600gb HDD
*Radeon 7850 2gb
*650w OCZ psu

So I have just bought the GPU and the PSU online, and I am awaiting their arrival.
I am expecting to be able to play games like skyrim and crysis 2 and software like spaceengine and minecraft at full capacity.

My current setup is unable to run any modern games and can barely run minecraft, it's an integrated GPU, nvidia geforce 6150 SE.

Thank you.

More about : good fair modern games

a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 3:42:18 AM

Intergrated video is not intended to run games and mainly used for web surfing and any video applications that don't require much graphic power. The seperate video card that you will now have will run most modern games really well but you will be bottlenecked by the old AMD cpu.
m
l
July 8, 2012 4:11:45 AM

inzone said:
Intergrated video is not intended to run games and mainly used for web surfing and any video applications that don't require much graphic power. The seperate video card that you will now have will run most modern games really well but you will be bottlenecked by the old AMD cpu.

Yes I know.
Should I overclock the CPU? I really just used up my money for the PSU/GPU as I needed those very desperately.
I will start saving for a new mobo/cpu but for now and the coming months, what is my best option to run games as best as I can?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 4:50:29 AM

AMD cpu's are easy to overclock and you should try that to see if it will help , at least you have a quad core cpu and by overclocking will add some more performance and help with the bottleneck.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 8, 2012 6:39:11 AM

over clocking that processor will do little good and only put more stress on it before you get a chance to replace it. why take the chance ?

depending on mother board you may be able to replace it with something a little better....... ??/ not really worth it imo.

replacing mobo/proc/ram........ i'd opt for Intel at the moment. my old q9550/775 is still faster than anything amd has to this point in time. ( much snappier and quicker )

m
l
!