Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SLI 560 v. GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 15, 2012 3:09:52 AM

Hi, this is my first post on the forum however I have read it before. My question is as stated in the thread name, what's the best choice; an SLI gtx 560 setup or one gtx 670. They are relatively the same price so I am considering both options. Also my rig will have sufficient power, an i5 3570k ivy bridge processor and 8 gb of ram, so there won't be any bottlenecking. P.S. is there any point in getting the 20 dollar more super clocked 670 or is the only plus the name. I could overclock it at home so it's a matter of wether the 100 mhz is worth it.
Thank You,
Bennet

More about : sli 560 gtx 670

a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 3:19:46 AM

2x GTX 560 ~= GTX 580. GTX 670>GTX 580. That's just judging by benchmarks, the GTX 680 performs slightly better than the GTX 590 (in some games) and the GTX 670 is listed to be just a little slower than its bigger brother.
Score
May 15, 2012 3:24:53 AM

bennetinc said:
Hi, this is my first post on the forum however I have read it before. My question is as stated in the thread name, what's the best choice; an SLI gtx 560 setup or one gtx 670. They are relatively the same price so I am considering both options. Also my rig will have sufficient power, an i5 3570k ivy bridge processor and 8 gb of ram, so there won't be any bottlenecking. P.S. is there any point in getting the 20 dollar more super clocked 670 or is the only plus the name. I could overclock it at home so it's a matter of wether the 100 mhz is worth it.
Thank You,
Bennet

GTX 560 or the 560 TI? Big difference, but even with that said I'd go with the 670 especially with your setup and take advantage of whatever PCI 3.0 is suppose to give you.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 3:30:33 AM

deff the 670 even if the 560's are faster and I bet they are, They use less power and in 1-1.5 years and a generation and half of vid cards later someone will still want the 670.

From what I am reading i get the iompression that the 560 TI at load draws more power than the 670 so that is something to think about, niot so much for the power bill but the entire load on the PSU if you intend on loading them up and playing a ton (which you should)
from what I see is 560ti full load 333 watts and the 670 was 322
and if 2 560 ti in sli can outpace the 670 they flippin should
a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 4:07:43 AM

Go with the 670, hands down.

Despite how far SLi has come, I'd suggest an equally-powerful single-card solution any day. Primarily because its less overhead for the user.

IMHO, the only time to consider a multi-card solution is when you need more GPU power than the best single-card on the market at a given time can offer.

That said, by getting a single 670, you're allowing yourself the expandability of a second 670 in the future. When the retail price drops, you can buy one second-hand and feel very good about the price you pay.

If you're planning to OC yourself, don't buy the factory-overclocked card.
Score
a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2012 4:10:19 AM

if u have the 560 then a 2ns for sli is just fine...if new build 670
Score
May 27, 2012 10:29:21 PM

Best answer selected by bennetinc.
Score
June 6, 2012 10:10:32 AM

gmkos said:
Go with the 670, hands down.

Despite how far SLi has come, I'd suggest an equally-powerful single-card solution any day. Primarily because its less overhead for the user.

IMHO, the only time to consider a multi-card solution is when you need more GPU power than the best single-card on the market at a given time can offer.

That said, by getting a single 670, you're allowing yourself the expandability of a second 670 in the future. When the retail price drops, you can buy one second-hand and feel very good about the price you pay.

If you're planning to OC yourself, don't buy the factory-overclocked card.

I was just asking the same question, and I think your points are spot on the mark. Especially, the idea of expanding to SLI when the price drops. I just wanted to say thanks.
Score
!