3 screens NOT eyefinity

slowsword

Honorable
May 14, 2012
How can I have with one graphics card display 3 monitors? I know I need a decent ATI if i go single card (any recommendations for a budget? its for a client otherwise i would just go all out :D) He wants 3 monitors for work and does NOT want eyefinity, so in other words when he presses maximize he does not want it to fill all 3 screens (like it does in eyefinity) but to fill just ONE of the screens like it does when you do a standard double display setup.

Thanks
slowsword

That is because that is a Flex edition card.

Sapphire FleX Technology - 3 DVI Eyefinity Out of the Box Targeting maximum flexibility with minimum outlay, Sapphire FleX Technology simplifies AMD’s multi-monitor Eyefinity solution by allowing 3x DVI monitors to be connected to the board ‘out of the box’ WITHOUT the requirement for expensive DisplayPort monitors or Active Adapters. (HDMI to SL-DVI adapter included.)

randomkid

Distinguished

Normal AMD HD video cards needs active display port adapter to make more than 2 ports to work at the same time because one of the DVI & HDMI shares the clock & only one can work at the same time. The Sapphire Flex version are modified cards that integrates all the necessary clocks to allow for the 2 DVI & HDMI to work all at the same time. So yes, the flex 6450 is a very cost effective solution to your client's 3 monitor requirement. But if your client want's more power to play games in single monitor ( with 2 additional display still working not in eyefinity), you can select other Sapphire FLEX versions that suits his budget & requirement.