XP logon screen on return from sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

i am running WinXP home. when i leave my PC unattended for a while, it goes
into sleep mode. when i wiggle the mouse to wake it up, it displays the
logon screen (which indicates to me that windows has logged me out) rather
than retruning me to the applications i left running. i use Yahoo! Messenger
and this undesired logout also logs me out of YIM. is there a way to stop
this from happening? i would be happy to never see the logon screen again.

Hi Evansx,

Go to Control Panel - Power Options - Advanced tab and uncheck "Prompt
for password when computer resumes from standby".

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

evansx wrote:
> i am running WinXP home. when i leave my PC unattended
> for a while, it goes into sleep mode. when i wiggle the
> mouse to wake it up, it displays the logon screen (which
> indicates to me that windows has logged me out) rather
> than retruning me to the applications i left running. i
> use Yahoo! Messenger and this undesired logout also logs
> me out of YIM. is there a way to stop this from
> happening? i would be happy to never see the logon
> screen again.

Other resolution:
Control Panel - Power Option - in first TAB named "Power Schemes" in "System standby:" choose "Never"