Closed

XP logon screen on return from sleep mode

i am running WinXP home. when i leave my PC unattended for a while, it goes
into sleep mode. when i wiggle the mouse to wake it up, it displays the
logon screen (which indicates to me that windows has logged me out) rather
than retruning me to the applications i left running. i use Yahoo! Messenger
and this undesired logout also logs me out of YIM. is there a way to stop
this from happening? i would be happy to never see the logon screen again.
3 answers Last reply
More about logon screen return sleep mode

    Hi Evansx,

    Go to Control Panel - Power Options - Advanced tab and uncheck "Prompt
    for password when computer resumes from standby".

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    evansx wrote:
    > i am running WinXP home. when i leave my PC unattended
    > for a while, it goes into sleep mode. when i wiggle the
    > mouse to wake it up, it displays the logon screen (which
    > indicates to me that windows has logged me out) rather
    > than retruning me to the applications i left running. i
    > use Yahoo! Messenger and this undesired logout also logs
    > me out of YIM. is there a way to stop this from
    > happening? i would be happy to never see the logon
    > screen again.
  2. Other resolution:
    Control Panel - Power Option - in first TAB named "Power Schemes" in "System standby:" choose "Never"
  3. Necropost.

Configuration Sleep Mode Customization Windows XP