Last response: in Components
November 17, 2012 6:10:31 PM

Hello,

Have a pickle.

I can buy one of these:
1.Cooler Master storm Enforser + Asus Z77 Sabertooth
or
2. Corsair Carbide 600T Silver edition + ASrock Z77 Extreme4

Leaning towards number 2 as the Corsair case is looking much better and has way better airflow than CM Storm Enforcer and ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 is a good board as well.

Would welcome an advice :) 

Thank you in advance

More about : asus corasair asrock

a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 6:36:28 PM

Were you given a budget and you must spend it all?

The cheaper case and the cheaper motherboard should be fine.
November 17, 2012 6:45:56 PM

Raiddinn said:
Were you given a budget and you must spend it all?

The cheaper case and the cheaper motherboard should be fine.

I do have a budget and all other components. Just need case and mobo.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 6:50:17 PM

Hi :) 

Asus motherboard EVERY TIME....

We sell a lot of them in my shops.... we WILL NOT sell Asrock motherboards at all as we see too many failed ones...

We wont even have them in stock...

All the best Brett :) 
November 17, 2012 6:56:06 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Asus motherboard EVERY TIME....

We sell a lot of them in my shops.... we WILL NOT sell Asrock motherboards at all as we see too many failed ones...

We wont even have them in stock...

According to newegg the ASrock one has a little bit better reviews that Asus. I myself have 5 years old ASrock and it never failed me. I think it's just luck but I do not have a lot of experience with PCs. Thank you for your advice. Definitely something to think about. I actually can get both if I decide not to get an SSD.
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 7:10:19 PM

Hinkledolph said:
According to newegg the ASrock one has a little bit better reviews that Asus. I myself have 5 years old ASrock and it never failed me. I think it's just luck but I do not have a lot of experience with PCs. Thank you for your advice. Definitely something to think about. I actually can get both if I decide not to get an SSD.

I own computer shops and see a LOT of machines with FAILED Asrock motherboards....I have seen SCORES of them....

Asus... no failed ones from memory...

Please buy the ASUS...

November 17, 2012 10:11:28 PM

The sabertooth is notorious for having heat trapped under the thermal "armor". Its better for aesthetics, more than practicality. I don't know what you're talking about Brett, I've never seen anyone complain about faulty AsRock Boards on any forum.

I have an AsRock board, and I love it. My only issue is the fact that it isn't supported very well on the top right hand of the board, meaning when you plug in the 24 pin, it bends slightly. Of course this can be mitigated by buying something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lot-of-10-Motherboard-stando...

Its cheap and solves the problems. The Asrock board is also better at overclocking due to the better power phases, (This is what other people say, I've never have and never will overclock a CPU, which is the reason I have a i5 3550).
a b ) Power supply
November 17, 2012 10:50:31 PM

JJ1217 said:
The sabertooth is notorious for having heat trapped under the thermal "armor". Its better for aesthetics, more than practicality. I don't know what you're talking about Brett, I've never seen anyone complain about faulty AsRock Boards on any forum.

I have an AsRock board, and I love it. My only issue is the fact that it isn't supported very well on the top right hand of the board, meaning when you plug in the 24 pin, it bends slightly. Of course this can be mitigated by buying something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lot-of-10-Motherboard-stando...

Its cheap and solves the problems. The Asrock board is also better at overclocking due to the better power phases, (This is what other people say, I've never have and never will overclock a CPU, which is the reason I have a i5 3550).

You have ONE motherboard....

I own computer shops and see LOTS OF FAILED MOTHERBOARDS....of all different makes....

Out of ALL the makes of motherboards we see, in my shops that have failed, we see more Asrock boards THAN ALL THE OTHER MAKES PUT TOGETHER..... that's been the same for year after year....

In my own machines and all my shops machines we use ASUS boards.. EVERY TIME...

a c 110 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 18, 2012 12:15:18 AM

You could always go with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, then go with a case in the middle like the 500R.
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 18, 2012 12:53:07 AM

If you want an ASUS board, at least buy a cheaper one than the overpriced Sabertooth. The ASUS P8Z77-V is a good board.
November 18, 2012 4:29:17 AM

Might have to go with Gigabyte then. Was looking at Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH. The problem is that it's priced same as Sabertooth and I will have to buy Enforcer instead of Corsair 600t Silver :( 
November 18, 2012 4:58:02 AM

I just bought a black 600T like two days ago, should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. I MIGHT upgrade to a Sabertooth so it matches the black. The only thing stopping me is I don't know what to do with my Z77 Extreme4 if I choose to do it.

All I know is, that black sabertooth would look radical with that silver 600t that you were going to buy.
November 18, 2012 5:18:10 AM

JJ1217 said:
I just bought a black 600T like two days ago, should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. I MIGHT upgrade to a Sabertooth so it matches the black. The only thing stopping me is I don't know what to do with my Z77 Extreme4 if I choose to do it.

All I know is, that black sabertooth would look radical with that silver 600t that you were going to buy.

Can't afford both. And ASrock Z77 is black as well, hence me looking at it :) .
November 18, 2012 8:15:54 AM

Asrock Z77 is brown :D 
November 18, 2012 1:24:18 PM

Since CM Storm Enforcer has red light one friend pointed a ASUS Maximus V Gene as a good board for it. Even though it is microATX, it has good features. Really wanted 600T silver and ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 but noone here likes those mobos :) 
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 18, 2012 1:53:02 PM

Hinkledolph said:
Would you say that ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 is as dependable as ASUS board in same price range?

ASrock are the budget arm of Asus so if you want to go cheap then get one by all means, I'd be more inclined to get the Asus board myself.
November 18, 2012 5:08:25 PM

Didn't AsRock and Asus split awhile ago?
a b ) Power supply
November 18, 2012 6:10:07 PM

This link
http://www.behardware.com/articles/843-8/components-ret...

which is from a huge parts retailer does happen to contradict Brett's argument. Asus tops the list of motherboards RMAd over a 6 month time period.

I am not going to say Asrock is super awesome, but I will say that in my experience there isn't much difference from one brand to another within the general top 3 (Asus, Gigabyte, and Asrock).

Another thing I would throw out there is that OCers blow MSI boards ALL THE TIME. MSI is about the worst possible choice if you want to OC and it isn't that great even if you don't want to OC.

Anyway, as I said before I would take the cheaper of both items and save the difference for a SSD or something.
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 18, 2012 6:37:19 PM

JJ1217 said:
Didn't AsRock and Asus split awhile ago?

From what I can gather both are still owned by Pegatron, that makes them one and the same in my book.
!