Slow response after keys pressed

dazzler8

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L650 with 4Gb of RAM, an I3 processor (M350 2.27Ghz), Windows 7 (64-bit) and 500Gb HDD. Before it ran out of warranty, I sent it back to Toshiba who supposedly replaced the mainboard (with integrated ATI Mobility Radeon HD5145 (512MB) Driver Version 8.712.2.1000.
It needed replacing because they said the Graphics hardware was faulty. I was having trouble with long delays in response time after either typing and having to wait minutes before the characters appeared or after clicking on something (e.g. closing the browser by clicking on the x) and having to wait lengthy (minutes) periods of time for a response. When I first got the laptop back, it seemed to be fixed, but after only a couple of weeks, the same issues arose except not as lengthy delays. Both before and after "repair" the laptop was also crashing (BSOD) on occasions. Their is very little extra software installed apart from MS Office and Windows Live Mail.
Can anyone please advise if there's anything else that may be causing these delays?
I have the latest drivers and BIOS.
Cheers!
Darryl.