Can't connect my laptop through the dir-655 router

jycomz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello, I bought a DIR-655 router and am able to access the internet using my desktop PC just fine... But the problem is I can't get my laptop to connect through the router and i couldn't access the internet.. I always get the message "unable to connect to the internet" or the" limited or no connectivity"..... How do I fix this? Am i missing something with the router's configurations? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
First question i would have is does the router have security, and is it enabled? That would stop any wireless device that did not have the information put in the connection settings from working.

Easy way to tell would be take a ethernet cable and plug directly into the router. If it works then some settings like the security i mentioned may be off or wrong.

jycomz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hi Steimy, I posted an image of my wireless setup and security settings to make it easier. My laptop which is located at the 2nd floor of our house is now able to access the internet but is very sporadic. I thought i was going to get a superior signal thats why i replaced my old dir-300 with the dir-655 but it seems im having even more difficulty getting access to the internet with the new router.

Thanks for replying!

[IMG=http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5132/dir655.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TRENDING THREADS