file attachemnet icon in Outlook Express 6

March 13, 2005 9:51:51 PM

I have recently went from ME to XP and now notice that when an e-mail comes
with a file attachement, there is no longer a paper-clip icon in the preview
pane of my O.E.6 . I really miss this tool and was wondering if there was a
way I could get it back.
Thanks.
H.B.
March 14, 2005 4:05:39 AM

"H.B." <hblair@sktc.net> wrote in message
news:o W9KFADKFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have recently went from ME to XP and now notice that when an e-mail comes
>with a file attachement, there is no longer a paper-clip icon in the
>preview pane of my O.E.6 . I really miss this tool and was wondering if
>there was a way I could get it back.
> Thanks.
> H.B.

Right click on Subject, Sent or From and then select Columns
Make sure there is a check in the attachment box.
If it is already there click on the word "attachment" then click on "move
up" until it is at the top of the list.

Then click OK.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:26:56 AM

I understand that part of it, but I want the icon in the pane that the
letter is being read which lets me open the attachment (s) by themselves
therefore chosing which attachment to save, etc. Any other suggestions?
H.B.

"H.B." <hblair@sktc.net> wrote in message
news:o W9KFADKFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have recently went from ME to XP and now notice that when an e-mail comes
>with a file attachement, there is no longer a paper-clip icon in the
>preview pane of my O.E.6 . I really miss this tool and was wondering if
>there was a way I could get it back.
> Thanks.
> H.B.

March 14, 2005 11:46:40 AM

>I understand that part of it, but I want the icon in the pane that the
>letter is being read which lets me open the attachment (s) by themselves
>therefore chosing which attachment to save, etc. Any other suggestions?
> H.B.
>
> "H.B." <hblair@sktc.net> wrote in message
> news:o W9KFADKFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>I have recently went from ME to XP and now notice that when an e-mail
>>comes with a file attachement, there is no longer a paper-clip icon in the
>>preview pane of my O.E.6 . I really miss this tool and was wondering if
>>there was a way I could get it back.
>> Thanks.
>> H.B.

Try this newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

Go to 3/14/2005 12:15 AM.
The conversation started by Kameon_Q is related.
There are possibly others -- I didn't look beyond that post.

That group is probably your best shot at finding the solution.
!