Www long range video streaming wifi

peter maina

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I am currently using mobile wifi DVR in my buses for surveillance that only send data over 100 meters.Please advice me on your products that can boost the wifi distance to cover a fer kilometers

Solution
Add an amplifier and a high-gain antenna.

A powerful one is on Ebay right now, HERE

{This thing may not be legal to use in the U.S.} but it would sure work good for your use.

Antenna:
HERE

The signal will go for miles. Make sure each bus is on it's own channel and you use encryption on the WiFi.
The base station should also have an amplifier and one of these antennas.

Edit: The amplifier and antenna both use "N" connectors, which is a good thing. You should use LMR-400 coax between the amplifier and antenna for better results, and of course, the antennas get mounted on the roof of the buses.
Add an amplifier and a high-gain antenna.

A powerful one is on Ebay right now, HERE

{This thing may not be legal to use in the U.S.} but it would sure work good for your use.

Antenna:
HERE

The signal will go for miles. Make sure each bus is on it's own channel and you use encryption on the WiFi.
The base station should also have an amplifier and one of these antennas.

Edit: The amplifier and antenna both use "N" connectors, which is a good thing. You should use LMR-400 coax between the amplifier and antenna for better results, and of course, the antennas get mounted on the roof of the buses.

Solution

Since the thread isn't locked yet...

Try just the antenna. It may make the difference you need. The amplifier is quite powerful, especially when connected to one of these antennas.

Each bus needs the equipment.

Remember... This setup (using the amplifier) may be illegal to use in the U.S. (and probably most of Europe).
It may be legal in some South American countries.
I'm rather certain 'anything goes' in Paraguay and Bolivia.

The use of just the antenna is legal just about everywhere.