Computer Doesn't Boot Second Time

m0jug_3

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I just built a new computer the other day and I am running into a little problem with my power button.

I am able to turn on the computer, Windows and everything runs ok, however, when I turn the computer off, the power button on my case is non-functional.

The only fix I found that worked was to unplug the front panel wire sorter thing and plug it back into the motherboard. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Relevant Specs:
MotherBoard: Asus P8z77-V Pro
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II

rdc85

Honorable
RMA The case ..... :D

(maybe just contact he Cooler master to get replacement for power button)

edit:
ask the store u bought the case, sometimes they had store warranty that can get u new case (or power button)

it a bios bug with some of the asus mb. you hit shutdown..windows shuts down but the cpu fans stay on..or the mb reboots.
fix is easy. turn off the pc..turn the power switch off and unplug from the wall..have a soda or a cup of coffee..let the mb caps and power drain out..come back and clear the cmos..boot up to message hit f1 to reset cmos..go in and reset the cmos to fatory default. hit f5 save and exit. boot into windows..when done hit shutdown...your mb should shutdown fine. if the error still there then go back into the bios and update it..after the last bios update redo the power off.. the mb should power off fine then.