$150 Budget - Seek advice on upgrade for L775 Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHJason

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi all,

Looking fora little bit of advice regarding a cpu upgrade.
This is my first self executed CPU upgrade so please go easy on me, as I am not very good with computers, and everything Ive learned over the past couple weeks has been self taught through various information sources.

I currently have a Pentium Dual-Core E5700, 3.0 GHz 800MHz FSB.

I am playing a online game that I intend to multibox, and need to remove my processor bottleneck when loading multiple instances of the game. It currently runs 2 instances, and I need to increase that to 4.

What I am looking for, is advice on the best CPU I could buy for a LGA775 motherboard for a $150-$170 price range.
It MUST be a quadcore, as the software I use dedicates a core to each instance of the game to prevent frame lag issues that will throw my games out of sync.

I have been looking at the Intel Quad 2 Core line, and have been considering the Q8300, due to affordability, and CPU benchmark compared to my current CPU ( benchmarks at approximately 200% of my current )

If anyone that is a little more apt with CPUs and etc could give me advice if there is a better model or a different line, that would be compatible and give better performance for my $, I would very much appreciate it.
I have no intention of swapping out my motherboard, as it a little more of a task than I want to undertake.

Thanks!

Solution

Well availability if Core 2 quads here is dead, can not find a single one...

http://ark.intel.com/products/33924/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q9550-12M-Cache-2_83-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

Thats the best core 2 quad ever made. But it should be damn expensive. How much are you willing to spend and can you lnik me to the site you would be using???

RHJason

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Sorry for not including all the information.

It is a Dell 018D1Y.

Chipset is compatible with Quad 2 Core, with Sandra Soft the chipset lists as :
Dell P45/P43/G45/G43.

Also some information that may be relevant as im not sure what all IS relevant:

4 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon 4600 Series GPU

Also, I just updated my BIOS two days ago.

RHJason

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Still not sure I get what information you are looking for.
I assume I can find any that anyone else can online, which would be pretty much the entire core 2 quad line.
Been browsing for quite some time.

Well availability if Core 2 quads here is dead, can not find a single one...

http://ark.intel.com/products/33924/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q9550-12M-Cache-2_83-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

Thats the best core 2 quad ever made. But it should be damn expensive. How much are you willing to spend and can you lnik me to the site you would be using???

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.