Changing SAVE AS destination

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

At them oment when I want to save a file (like a text file) then XP
always opens the SAVE AS dilaog window at C:\Programs and Files.

How can I change this to default to something like "desktop" or "my
documents"?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Check the paths for the value "Personal" under these two registry keys:

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

Edit them accordingly.

Keith

"Cori" <whoops@worldview.com> wrote in message news:96196E38AC2D72A58@130.133.1.4...
> At them oment when I want to save a file (like a text file) then XP
> always opens the SAVE AS dilaog window at C:\Programs and Files.
>
> How can I change this to default to something like "desktop" or "my
> documents"?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Both those said "My Documents". I think "Program Files" must be
wired into some other key.

Any ideas?