Changing SAVE AS destination

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

At them oment when I want to save a file (like a text file) then XP
always opens the SAVE AS dilaog window at C:\Programs and Files.

How can I change this to default to something like "desktop" or "my
documents"?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing save destination
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Check the paths for the value "Personal" under these two registry keys:

    "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
    "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

    Edit them accordingly.

    Keith

    "Cori" <whoops@worldview.com> wrote in message news:96196E38AC2D72A58@130.133.1.4...
    > At them oment when I want to save a file (like a text file) then XP
    > always opens the SAVE AS dilaog window at C:\Programs and Files.
    >
    > How can I change this to default to something like "desktop" or "my
    > documents"?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Both those said "My Documents". I think "Program Files" must be
    wired into some other key.

    Any ideas?