alright well i built my new computer. everything booted up just fine, but when bios comes up it tells me my cpu is overheating. i have an i7 unlocked LGA2011. and i also have a corsair h100 and it turns on and everything but thats the only thing wrong with it. anything i have to do? do i have to put water in it or what? im stuck.
You should not have to put water in your Corsair H100 which is self contained. I would remove and reattach the waterblock there and see if you can get a better mating - you'll need to replace your thermal compound once removed - Arctic Silver 5 is a highly recommended compound. I would think that should work
yeah, what is a safe temperatur the cpu should be at. ifa cpu overheats will the computer turn off? i have the sabertooth x79 and the bios menu keeps telling me its overheating. is the heat past already applied on the h100
Yes, there is a grey layer of thermal material (TIM) on the waterblock when you recieve it. Once the waterblock has heated up on the CPU and then removed (as in to re-seat it), the TIM needs to be replaced.
Edit: the cpu should shut itself down at a thermal threshold but I have no clue what it is for your processor.
well is the bios messing up or is that even possible. when a processor overheats does it turn off the computer? what are the symtoms of a bad processor? i know its alot of questions but im kinda new to this.
Oh yeah, processors can heat up real quick - something you'll be amazed to see as you monitor your temps with the H100. My computers rarely run less than 100% but when they do, I go from my standard 60C to 36C in about 3 seconds. Conversely, when I go from idle to 100% temps change (and stabilize) in about the same amount of time... sorry, I digress.
What model i7 processor do you have?