Closed

Block an unknown number from calling?

Last response: in Network Providers
August 14, 2005 7:14:06 PM

Someone gave my cell phone number out as their own to a creditor. Well
now I get calls everyday wanting to talk to this person. I have tried
for two weeks to nicely tell the creditor that you have got the wrong
number and please dont call again as this is a cell phone. Well they
call everyday using an unknown number. Is there anyway I can block
this? It drives me crazy cause everytime they call, I lose minutes.
Any thoughts?
August 17, 2005 1:22:33 AM

When I asked Cingular the same question, they said no. They allowed me a
one-time courtesy phone # change, which I did.

<jen_designs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Someone gave my cell phone number out as their own to a creditor. Well
> now I get calls everyday wanting to talk to this person. I have tried
> for two weeks to nicely tell the creditor that you have got the wrong
> number and please dont call again as this is a cell phone. Well they
> call everyday using an unknown number. Is there anyway I can block
> this? It drives me crazy cause everytime they call, I lose minutes.
> Any thoughts?

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:27:37 AM

you can add an entry to your phone book named 'private number' or
'unknown number', in the # section enter a single pause and nothing
else. Assing it a silent or vibrate ringtone. Now when they call it
will still ring but you wont know it. It will then roll to voice mail.
Best I can do for ya.

--
troyboy30
August 17, 2005 8:46:21 PM

On 14 Aug 2005 15:14:06 -0700, jen_designs@hotmail.com wrote:

>Someone gave my cell phone number out as their own to a creditor. Well
>now I get calls everyday wanting to talk to this person. I have tried
>for two weeks to nicely tell the creditor that you have got the wrong
>number and please dont call again as this is a cell phone. Well they
>call everyday using an unknown number. Is there anyway I can block
>this? It drives me crazy cause everytime they call, I lose minutes.
>Any thoughts?

Say this: "Do not call my number anymore". They have to stop if you
say that.

If it's not a problem for you, you could send the calls to voicemail
and call them back from a landline. Read them the riot act.
February 27, 2009 11:06:22 AM

try YOUMAIL.COM i set my fiance's phone up with this because we got harassing phone calls at anytime (i mean like 1am, 4 am, 2pm, 6pm, didn't matter what time it was) from a heavy breather ... and of course, it was from an unknown number... youmail.com saved his cell phone number that he's had for over 7 years now because we don't have to give it up!
Anonymous
March 12, 2010 6:57:37 PM

I believe if a creditor or someone like that calls after hours, you can legally report them.
They will owe you a few thousand dollars, I took a class through Dave Ramsey an he spoke on this specifically.
Once they know you know..they won't do that..esp when they are stuck paying out.,....
July 27, 2011 2:48:32 PM

i m getting a calls from an unknown number so please tel me hw to block that number
August 29, 2011 1:21:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!