How to rename Start Button?

In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right

Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?

I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.
6 answers Last reply
More about rename start button

    "geezer" <wee@willy.com> wrote in message
    > In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right
    >
    > Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?
    >
    > I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.

    There's a free app called TClock that will let you customize a lot of
    things, Start button/icon, Start menu background color, etc.
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/

    Way to permanently change it
    http://www.overclockinghq.com/articles/renamestartmenu.php

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:23:10 -0500, "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote:

    >Way to permanently change it
    >http://www.overclockinghq.com/articles/renamestartmenu.php

    Worked like a champ!

    Thanks.

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:40:05 GMT, geezer <wee@willy.com> wrote:

    >In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right
    >
    >Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?
    >
    >I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.

    Same here - have you emailed the programmer?

    I have downloaded My StartButton from http://www.sayesoft.com.au/mySB It has
    to load at start-up, so initially the old Start Button sits there while
    start-up is executing. After that it is fine.

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Trevor L. rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > I have downloaded My StartButton from http://www.sayesoft.com.au/mySB It
    has
    > to load at start-up, so initially the old Start Button sits there while
    > start-up is executing. After that it is fine.

    You can use Resource hacker to change the start button name.