How to rename Start Button?

March 14, 2005 10:40:05 PM

In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right

Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?

I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.

More about : rename start button

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 10:11:00 AM

"geezer" <wee@willy.com> wrote in message
> In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right
>
> Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?
>
> I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.

There's a free app called TClock that will let you customize a lot of
things, Start button/icon, Start menu background color, etc.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/
March 15, 2005 10:27:55 PM

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:40:05 GMT, geezer <wee@willy.com> wrote:

>In http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 111 right
>
>Anyone get this to work? What is the trick?
>
>I can change the button, but next boot resets it to 'start'.

Same here - have you emailed the programmer?
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:35:03 AM

Trevor L. rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> I have downloaded My StartButton from http://www.sayesoft.com.au/mySB It
has
> to load at start-up, so initially the old Start Button sits there while
> start-up is executing. After that it is fine.

You can use Resource hacker to change the start button name.
!