Sign in with
Your question

Temperatures around the case

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 18, 2012 8:04:34 AM

Built my PC last weekend, just got my fan controller: NZXT Sentry 2, I was wondering what sort of temperature would be idle and stress and when it is getting dangerous. Tempratures for: GPU, HDD, Heatsinks, RAM etc. Also I am not sure whether I placed the temp probes in a suitable area, which areas do you think would be good?

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus
CPU: Core i5 3570K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb
RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz
PSU: Corsair CX750

More about : temperatures case

November 21, 2012 4:01:56 AM

For a CPU it is never good to go above 60 C they can go as high as 80-90. For a graphics card, never go above 100 C. For hard drives, never go above 50 C and I have no idea for RAM but it should always stay cool.
November 23, 2012 8:40:41 PM

I work in automotive electronics, and for long-term reliability we call time at 80 to 85 and go into the lowest possible power mode. We would expect up to 70 behind a dash in summer. 50 is really the comfort zone if you can achieve it. Whilst the silicon may be able to handle 80 to 90, you need to consider the long-term effects - Not only actual temperature, but also thremal cycling between on and off. Over time, it can crack solder joints and cause internal stresses, leading to eventual failure.
!