What to do.. buy a new or used card or wait... (curent card glitching)

600rr

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Ok so i just built a new rig about two months ago or so, i purchased everything i need but the video card. I threw in an old 8800GTX to hold me off till the 660's came out. Noticed some issues playing league of legends right off the bat but nothing bad. Started playing Diablo 3 and now the card is glitching bad. every 5 -20 mins it randomly will act as if its loss all video from the computer and go black then few seconds later will come back. My problem is i dont want to spend $200ish on 560Ti when the 660's are coming soon for a similar price with much better performance. What would you do... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Below is my current PC config.

Case : Antec P-280
PSU: OCZ ZT 750W
RAM: 8 Gb
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
CPU; I5 2500k
GPU: Currently it is a Geforce 8800GTX

Sounds like a driver issue, since I run an 8800GTX with no problems with LoL. Make sure to get the latest drivers.

I would wait for the 660, since if you get the 560, you are going to be like "dangit I should have waited". Personally I would wait, but I don't need a new card. I plan to keep mine for 5+ years.

monsta

Splendid
Yup definately wait for the 660, it would be really dissapointing the minute you buy a 560 that the 660 gets released.
Update to the latest drivers from Nvidia and do a clean install and see if it makes any difference.