If you have one monitor and a Samsung series 6 6000 linked with hdmi cables

Aerialxxoo

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hello,
My Name is Aerial, and I am curious how can I have a 1776 x 1000 resolution with full screen backgrounds on my TV and a 1024 x 768 on the monitor without the TV having black lines around the image? Is it because of the resolution difference?? Also is there a way to have a different background on each screen, do I have to update some drivers or download an application? One more thing when I play console games on my TV it goes up to 1920 x 1080 but when I switch back to the computer the borders don't fit. I'm not very tech savvy, but I do my best, if anyone would please help me I would greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness and time. C: Thanks! <3 <3

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
If you are CLONING (same desktop image on both displays) the display then the minimum resolution will be used. So if your laptop is 768 then that is what will show on your TV.

If you are EXTENDING the desktop then you can have multiple resolutions, in most cases.

If you are ONLY displaying on the external screen then you can use that screens native resolution, 1080p in your case.

Does that help?