Sign in with
Your question
Closed

When i hit wireless button no wireless device appears acer aspire

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 1, 2011 8:11:47 PM

I have an acer aspire 7220. when i hit the wireless button under and to the left of power button, it says "no wireless device" on the bottom of the screen in green letters. I have no idea what to do. could i have deleted something or done something to cause this? please help
a b F Wireless
September 1, 2011 9:45:24 PM

Check Device Manager to see if it's seen as installed, and check the BIOS to see if it was disabled there. If it's not installed or has a yellow or red mark next to it, go to Acer's web site and download the drivers for the wireless card and install them again.
January 18, 2012 8:29:11 AM

This problem happened to me too . . ."no wireless device",
u can try install and uninstall the driver (but fot me it didint work)
for me, the solution is very simple, u just go to the acer website and download a new bios for ur pc . . my problem was caused by the bios not compatible with the driver . . at the acer driver download site u can choose a variety bios. Install it, and walla! ur wireless is alive again.
Related resources
December 15, 2012 4:47:43 PM

Had the same problem, "no device" when using the wifi slider button and no available wireless connections were found in network settings. Finally held wifi slider button open a few times (mine is a spring button which snaps back into position). While holding button on I also refreshed search for wireless networks and voila, networks finally appeared and was able to connect. Wifi light now on. I think my problem was in the switch itself which had to be persuaded to turn on. Perhaps the switch is failing. Hope this helps.
December 25, 2012 5:53:24 PM

Sylvester Jonny said:
This problem happened to me too . . ."no wireless device",
u can try install and uninstall the driver (but fot me it didint work)
for me, the solution is very simple, u just go to the acer website and download a new bios for ur pc . . my problem was caused by the bios not compatible with the driver . . at the acer driver download site u can choose a variety bios. Install it, and walla! ur wireless is alive again.

A big thank you!!
Your suggestion worked!
By the way how did you figure out that it was problem related to BIOS? Because I had not thought in that direction even once.. :) 
!