When i hit wireless button no wireless device appears acer aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekjderosier

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I have an acer aspire 7220. when i hit the wireless button under and to the left of power button, it says "no wireless device" on the bottom of the screen in green letters. I have no idea what to do. could i have deleted something or done something to cause this? please help

Check Device Manager to see if it's seen as installed, and check the BIOS to see if it was disabled there. If it's not installed or has a yellow or red mark next to it, go to Acer's web site and download the drivers for the wireless card and install them again.

Sylvester Jonny

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
This problem happened to me too . . ."no wireless device",
u can try install and uninstall the driver (but fot me it didint work)
for me, the solution is very simple, u just go to the acer website and download a new bios for ur pc . . my problem was caused by the bios not compatible with the driver . . at the acer driver download site u can choose a variety bios. Install it, and walla! ur wireless is alive again.

kajo

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Had the same problem, "no device" when using the wifi slider button and no available wireless connections were found in network settings. Finally held wifi slider button open a few times (mine is a spring button which snaps back into position). While holding button on I also refreshed search for wireless networks and voila, networks finally appeared and was able to connect. Wifi light now on. I think my problem was in the switch itself which had to be persuaded to turn on. Perhaps the switch is failing. Hope this helps.

gaurang812

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

A big thank you!!
Your suggestion worked!
By the way how did you figure out that it was problem related to BIOS? Because I had not thought in that direction even once.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.